Israeli airstrike in Gaza kills at least 9 Palestinians in Rafah, including 6 children

stats

Screenshot_11.jpg.064c9aecabc4de5a569e695be9038765.jpg

RAFAH, Gaza Strip (AP) — An Israeli airstrike on a house in Gaza’s southernmost city of Rafah killed at least nine people, six of them children, hospital authorities said Saturday, as Israel pursued its nearly seven-month offensive in the besieged Palestinian territory.

Israel’s war against the Islamic militant group Hamas has led to a dramatic escalation of tensions in the Middle East, notably between Israel and Iran in recent weeks. Now attention returns to Rafah, where more than half of Gaza’s population of about 2.3 million people are sheltering, many displaced by fighting elsewhere.

Relatives sobbed and hugged children’s shrouded bodies at al-Najjar hospital. “Hamza my beloved. Your hair looks so pretty,” a mourning grandmother said.

The war was sparked by an unprecedented Oct. 7 raid into southern Israel by Hamas and other militant groups that left about 1,200 people dead, the vast majority civilians, and saw about 250 kidnapped and taken into Gaza. Israel says about 130 hostages remain in Gaza, although more than 30 have died.

(more)

https://apnews.com/article/israel-hamas-war-news-04-20-2024-05df312cfce4dc546837b2499fdbae02

Screenshot_8.jpg.a29e8a9e1d3c1f3807239ad905d8b3d8.jpg

21 minutes ago, stats said:

The war was sparked by an unprecedented Oct. 7 raid into southern Israel by Hamas and other militant groups that left about 1,200 people dead, the vast majority civilians, and saw about 250 kidnapped and taken into Gaza. Israel says about 130 hostages remain in Gaza, although more than 30 have died.

Hamas has so much to answer to after this war is over.🥴

Edited by Wobblybob
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jeff the Chef said:

As will Israel, hopefully after the ICJ case of "plausible Genocide" and all the leadership of both parties get there day in court at the ICC in Holland.

I wouldn't build your hopes up too much, we are not forgetting who started this war and no suffering would be happening to anyone without the terrorists intervention, a point that seems to slip your mind quite frequently.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

I wouldn't build your hopes up too much, we are not forgetting who started this war and no suffering would be happening to anyone without the terrorists intervention, a point that seems to slip your mind quite frequently.

I look forward to the collective "we's" days in court

• Agree 2

I don't know enough about this particular incident to comment further, however is it possible that Hamas was using its old ploy of hiding the terrorists in amongst ordinary civilians?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1