Question about TM30

Hi all

keen to ask your advice about one of my neighbours please.

He is an Australian who has purchased a new build house from a developer by using a company with Thai nominee directors (to the best of my knowledge) just outside Krabi Town.

He doesnt live in it full time but visits every couple of months for a few days or a week, we keep an eye on the house for him while he is away.

was chatting to him the other day and he says he never fills in a TM30 when he stays at the house. I was surprised by this and wondered if there is any risk in doing this. He seemed unaware that he should be doing one.

He asked if he stayed one night in a hotel on his arrival would this register him on the system, but would that just be for his first night?

is there something he should be doing such as registering himself at the local police or immigration office on arrival, or is he ok to just carry on as he is?

thanks for any words of wisdom.

26 minutes ago, TTSIssues said:

He doesnt live in it full time but visits every couple of months for a few days or a week, we keep an eye on the house for him while he is away.

Where does he stay in-between his visits to the house?

2 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Where does he stay in-between his visits to the house?

yes I should have said. Australia mainly but travels for work I believe. Certainly outside of thailand. 

he just comes in and out using the 30 day stamp on arrival, no long term visa. 

If he is staying in Thailand on a Tourist Visa (or entered VisaExempt), he doesn't need to notify the local Imm Office, by filing a TM30.  In that case it is the owner of the place where he is residing who is supposed to do that.

Being on a Tourist Visa, he would only need a copy of the TM30 filed by the place where he is residing to apply for a 30 day extension of stay at the local Imm Office.

9 minutes ago, TTSIssues said:

No need for him to do anything regards tm30 unless he needs to deal with immigration eg extension 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, TTSIssues said:

yes I should have said. Australia mainly but travels for work I believe. Certainly outside of thailand. 

If he doesn't need to visit an Immigration office for any reason, then the consensus is, don't worry about filing a TM30.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

If he is staying in Thailand on a Tourist Visa (or entered VisaExempt), he doesn't need to notify the local Imm Office, by filing a TM30.  In that case it is the owner of the place where he is residing who is supposed to do that.

Being on a Tourist Visa, he would only need a copy of the TM30 filed by the place where he is residing to apply for a 30 day extension of stay at the local Imm Office.

Thank you, I guess he is the “owner” hence why I was asking. 

1 hour ago, proton said:

I would be more worried about 'buying' a house via a dubious company with a Thai nominee.

that’s a whole different matter ! I won’t even go there, it’s his risk if he loses it.