Wire Transfer

I used Moneybookers(online e-Wallet) and transfered two different withdrawals to my Thai (Siam Commercial Bank) here in Thailand.

Withdrawals

$2360.00

$711.00

Moneybookers charges ~$2 for withdrawal but I've already taken that out of the above prices.

I've only used Moneybookers once before and can't remember but I believe Siam Commercial charges me a percentage with max of 500 baht fee per transaction.

Anyway, I'll have to go over the exact details with my bank but my funds arrived here today and I received ~102,900 baht for them

That seems to be a rate at 33.50 baht per dollar. If they did take a fee it would come out probably .3 or .4 points higher. Is this rate on par with what I should be getting for a bank wire? Funds were sent on Monday and they were sent to Thailand in US dollars with the conversions taking place here.

I do not think there was anything wrong with the transfer . Everything onshore rate is fine .

You should only worry when they convert money on the ofshore rate . And Siam Commercial gives fairly high rates

compared with most other banks also .

Sometimes you wonder how hard it must be to look at a website to confirm you're getting the right rate? I mean, come on. You sent your money, you know how much turned up in your Thai account, you can do the math. Surely the next step - looking on the website - is pretty straightforward.

I used Moneybookers(online e-Wallet) and transfered two different withdrawals to my Thai (Siam Commercial Bank) here in Thailand.

Withdrawals

$2360.00

$711.00

Moneybookers charges ~$2 for withdrawal but I've already taken that out of the above prices.

I've only used Moneybookers once before and can't remember but I believe Siam Commercial charges me a percentage with max of 500 baht fee per transaction.

Anyway, I'll have to go over the exact details with my bank but my funds arrived here today and I received ~102,900 baht for them

That seems to be a rate at 33.50 baht per dollar. If they did take a fee it would come out probably .3 or .4 points higher. Is this rate on par with what I should be getting for a bank wire? Funds were sent on Monday and they were sent to Thailand in US dollars with the conversions taking place here.

Looks good to me:  http://www.scb.co.th/html/exchange/bk-txtexchange.htm

33.54 at 1437 hrs this afternoon.

Mac