tax calculator for Canadian expats

During my research for my financial planning I came across a Canadian government web page that will calculate the tax a Canadian expat will be charged on his Canadian based income.

This link will take you to a page where you have to read a disclaimer and agree before getting to the actual calculator:

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/non-resident-tax-calculator-disclaimer.html

"Our new Constitution is now established, and has an appearance that promises permanency; but in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."   Benjamin  Franklin,  1789

• Love It 1

Just now, Patong2021 said:

Do you  hold a Canadian passport?  

one of them yes. do i have a job ? no. do i make any income ? no. i filed before i left canada and have not made any income since. my thai wife handles all that. 

1 hour ago, stoner said:

one of them yes. do i have a job ? no. do i make any income ? no. i filed before i left canada and have not made any income since. my thai wife handles all that. 

If you have no income, then you will pay no tax, despite holding the Canadian passport. That document must have some value to you, but you do not pay anything  for the benefit of that passport.  20% of Canadian taxpayers shoulder the burden of income tax, paying approximately 67% of the taxes collected. This means that 80% of tax filers do not pay enough tax to cover the services and benefits that they receive. In effect, the people who do not pay any tax get a free ride. Worse yet is that  most of the people who complain and say they pay the salaries of politicians and for the benefit programs, really do not. On the contrary they suck the life out of the people who work and pay the tax rates that exceed 50%.