Ukraine Deploys Longer-Range US Missiles in Conflict with Russia

image.png

The delivery of these missiles, part of a clandestine support package, occurred this month, underscoring the US commitment to bolster Ukraine's defense capabilities while preserving operational secrecy. These advanced weapons, identified as the longer-range variant of the Army Tactical Missile Systems (ATACMS), represent a substantial upgrade from the mid-range version previously supplied to Ukraine.

The decision to provide such potent armaments was made cautiously, mindful of potential repercussions on US military readiness and the risk of escalation if deployed indiscriminately inside Russian territory. The longer-range ATACMS, capable of launching missiles up to 300km (186 miles), significantly enhance Ukraine's ability to strike deeper into Russian-held areas, targeting critical infrastructure and military installations. Despite initial reservations, President Joe Biden authorized the transfer of these missiles in February, aligning with Ukraine's longstanding request for advanced weaponry.

While the exact number of missiles dispatched remains undisclosed, US National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan affirmed Washington's commitment to furnishing additional aid, emphasizing that while these weapons are impactful, they are not a panacea for the conflict.

The deployment of these missiles has already demonstrated their efficacy, with reports indicating their use in strikes against Russian positions in occupied Crimea and the port city of Berdyansk. While Russia downplays the significance of this weaponry, labeling it inconsequential, the strategic advantage it affords Ukraine cannot be understated.

The swift approval of a new $61 billion aid package by President Biden underscores the United States' unwavering support for Ukraine's defense against Russian aggression. This comprehensive package includes military assistance alongside economic support, signaling a robust commitment to Ukraine's sovereignty and security.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky hailed the aid package as a crucial boost in their fight against Russian occupation, vowing to capitalize on this support to thwart further Russian aggression. With tensions escalating and the specter of a Russian offensive looming, Ukraine remains resolute in its defense, leveraging newfound resources to safeguard its territorial integrity.

image.png

As the conflict enters its third year, the toll on human lives and displacement of millions underscore the urgent need for a diplomatic resolution to end the bloodshed and restore stability to the region. However, as long as Russian aggression persists, Ukraine stands firm, bolstered by international solidarity and the tangible support of allies like the United States.

2024-04-16

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Social Media said:

As the conflict enters its third year, the toll on human lives and displacement of millions underscore the urgent need for a diplomatic resolution to end the bloodshed and restore stability to the region. However, as long as Russian aggression persists, Ukraine stands firm, bolstered by international western solidarity and the tangible support of allies like the United States.

2024-04-16

news-logo-btm.jpg

There, corrected the text for you.

Practically every country in the world is calling for a peaceful resolution to this conflict and yet the west continues to send weapons to Ukraine to continue it, justification being that it’s good for the (US) economy as it creates jobs thus keeping GDP up.

If any of these long range weapons hit deep inside Russia and causes mass casualties, then I suspect that all hell will break loose and Kiev will be even flatter than Warsaw was. But that’s ok. It’s only Ukrainian lives. It’s not like any Americans will be affected.

P/s: anyone posting a confused emoji, please state your confusion in order that I can try to respond accordingly.

Edited by Gweiloman
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

You haven't a clue, Russia's intention was to go to Kyiv and install their own puppet government but Ukraines self determination pushed the illegal invaders back. Sorry your 3 day Special Military Operation didn't go as you might have wished for!

Yes, I read that in western main stream propaganda as well. Since then however, I’ve done more research and came across more compelling, believable and logical reasons which goes against the western narrative. Looks to me like you’re the one in the dark.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Gweiloman said:

I googled Scott Ritter. Seems like he was a former US military intelligence officer and U.N. weapons inspector. So don’t fault me for believing his views over those of retired expats living in Thailand posting on an internet forum.

Incidentally, during my research, I also came across names like Professors Sachs and Mearsheimer. They seem to be highly educated and intelligent scholars, unlike some posters.

I have spotted blatant lies from the western msm so I don’t consider them as credible sources of information.

Yourself included? 

Scott Ritter has been many things, all mostly bad, but he his best known for his Russian propaganda.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Wobblybob said:

Yourself included? 

Scott Ritter has been many things, all mostly bad, but he his best known for his Russian propaganda.

What he has been or is, is of no consequence to me. What matters are whether his views and opinions are based on facts and whether they make sense or not. One of the things he says is that Ukraine has no chance of winning. I believe he is right. Don’t you?

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You keep making things up. Why not start from the beginning and provide links to that B.S.

Apparently, back in March 2022, Ukraine was ready to sign a peace deal with Russia but this was scuttled by the then British PM, Boris Johnson. I heard the Russian FM, Lavrov said this himself on a video on YT (translated of course as I don’t speak Russian). Did you also hear of this or is this, in your opinion, just more, as you are so fond to say, B.S.?

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Despite Ritter being a convicted sex offender, exposing himself to minors on line and because he echoes your sentiments you find that attractive do you. Clueless.

While the concept of Western intellectuals kowtowing to Soviet leadership – and downplaying their crimes – was relatively common during the Cold War, it has gained new momentum since Russian President Vladimir Putin made clear his plans to either break up or occupy the entirety of Ukraine.

Scott Ritter, a former UN weapons inspector in the 1990s, and a Marine Corps analyst during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan a decade prior, is among the cohort of Americans courted by Russian propaganda sources.  You're welcome!

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/why-disgraced-americans-scott-ritter-050056973.html

Like I said, what he is is of no relevance to the subject matter at hand. He reckons Ukraine can’t win. Not just him, lots of other analysts and experts as well. Do you think Ukraine can still win this conflict?

• Confused 3

On 4/26/2024 at 9:01 AM, Northstar1 said:

If Russia stops fighting, the war is over!

if Ukraine stops fighting, there is no Ukraine!

putin says he wants Ukraine to surrender part of their country!

who would do this? Would you?

putin has already taken 20 percent of Georgia. Chechnya, Crimea, eastern Ukraine!

what’s next?

Moldova.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You're all over the place. Throwing as much at the wall as possible hoping  for something to stick. Would you like to start with your first post. Links to all that?

"Practically every country in the world is calling for a peaceful resolution to this conflict and yet the west continues to send weapons to Ukraine to continue it, justification being that it’s good for the (US) economy as it creates jobs thus keeping GDP up"

Your obsession with links is worrying. Maybe see a doctor about it?

In many cases, links are just journalists’ reports, very often based on anonymous sources. They can hardly be considered facts. Fact is that America just voted for another $61 billion for the Ukraine project. Fact is that various politicians as well as the Secretary of Defence if I’m not mistaken, emphasising that a large part of this stays in the US and creates jobs etc. Surely you don’t need links for these. 

At the end of the day, this is an internet discussion forum. Nothing discussed here make an iota of difference. Chill, relax. Sabai sabai 😆 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Anyway, coming back to the topic. If Ukraine fires one or more of these long range missiles into Russia, I predict that Ukraine might well cease to exist. Russia has escalatory dominance here.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Your obsession with links is worrying. Maybe see a doctor about it?

In many cases, links are just journalists’ reports, very often based on anonymous sources. They can hardly be considered facts. Fact is that America just voted for another $61 billion for the Ukraine project. Fact is that various politicians as well as the Secretary of Defence if I’m not mistaken, emphasising that a large part of this stays in the US and creates jobs etc. Surely you don’t need links for these. 

At the end of the day, this is an internet discussion forum. Nothing discussed here make an iota of difference. Chill, relax. Sabai sabai 😆 

When you have none troll. Got it

• Like 1
  • Agree 1