What do you think about Ukrainians feeing to Europe?

What about the Ukrainians fleeing to Europe?

In 80% of the Ukraine, no war takes place. Most Ukrainians never felt the need to flee. Still, 10 thousands of Ukrainian refugees ended up in Europe. Less than 10% are gainfully employed in Europe and language/integration courses are not in much demand by the refugees. Preferring to live on welfare benefits.       As opposed to Russian refugees in Thailand, where they have to pay for their livelyhood.

Someday the war will end. I could imagine that refugees returning to the Ukraine will not receive a warm "welcome back" by their countrymen.

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Putin thanks you for your anti Ukrainian propaganda.

How do you connect this to Putin and propaganda? Just comparing the faith of Ukrainian/Russian refugees.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, swissie said:

How do you connect this to Putin and propaganda? Just comparing the faith of Ukrainian/Russian refugees.

@swissieThere's very useful feature on this forum called "Ignore".

On the subject - friend ("friendly contractor") left Western Ukraine on the fifth day of that special operation to Moldova first than Romania. He is programming expert of level 1000 and found no problem with new work/job. Back home he had a house, garden, smaller house for musical instruments as a hobby, car, bike and BBQ place. It was looted almost same week he and his family left. Sad story.

Yes, where will those people return? 

Edited by NativeBob
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

This topic itself is troll city.

Judging by your past contributions you can do much better than that. Try again. Deliver pro's and con's based on facts outlined in my OP.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

@swissieThere's very useful feature on this forum called "Ignore".

On the subject - friend ("friendly contractor") left Western Ukraine on the fifth day of that special operation to Moldova first than Romania. He is programming expert of level 1000 and found no problem with new work/job. Back home he had a house, garden, smaller house for musical instruments as a hobby, car, bike and BBQ place. It was looted almost same week he and his family left. Sad story.

Yes, where will those people return? 

Yes, sad story. But to this very day, there were no Russian soldiers in the "Western Ukraine". Who did the looting? His neighbors?

PS: I would never put JT on ignore, as (on a good day), he is perfectly able to deliver good in depth analysis of a wide array of subjects. 

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Kiss my grits

No Thanks!

PS; BTW What are your grits?

PPS;  I suspect I will not either like or understand the response!

Edited by scottiejohn
PS added

3 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

What facts and what links to back them up?

Facts? Easy, government statistics. 70'000 refugees from the Ukraine in my (small) home country.

Europeans are fed up in seing the billions going to ukraine and the high costs spent to finance their stay in major european countries. The main point is not to give them asylum as it is for humanitarian grounds. The point is that most will not leave and also the mafias sneak in by posing as refugees etc.

As usual, it's the rich elites who flee in general, leaving the weak and the poor back home to be used as Canon meat on the front lines of combat.

America started this war in a subjective provocation for years from the wings. So up to the USA to take them in America and give them free houses, medical care etc etc. Europe is massively going to the far right groups in the forthcomming elections of the European parliament and that is neither a good thing.

Europeans (and many americans)  are also getting fed up in seeing the war crimes in Gaza under total protection  of America towards the concerned,  while on the other hand harsh sanctions against Russia are imposed and creating global inflation.

Not to mention the hushed up scandals of embezzlement of western money in Ukraine like the missing 400 millions reported by Pulitzer price US journalist S.Hersh. As usual, those who really need help in Ukraine are the last who will receive it.

Edited by Sigmund
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, swissie said:

Facts? Easy, government statistics. 70'000 refugees from the Ukraine in my (small) home country.

And 100'000 thousand will end up staying for good, once they bring in their brothers, husbands or boyfriends ?

22 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

No Thanks!

"Kiss my grits" is somewhat of an outdatet term, sometimes still used in the southern states of the US. In todays lingo it would mean something like "f+ck-up, leave me alone".

9 minutes ago, Sigmund said:

And 100'000 thousand will end up staying for good, once they bring in their brothers, husbands or boyfriends ?

No magic. All very predictable.

28 minutes ago, Sigmund said:

Europeans are fed up in seing the billions going to ukraine and the high costs spent to finance their stay in major european countries. The main point is not to give them asylum as it is for humanitarian grounds. The point is that most will not leave and also the mafias sneak in by posing as refugees etc.

As usual, it's the rich elites who flee in general, leaving the weak and the poor back home to be used as Canon meat on the front lines of combat.

America started this war in a subjective provocation for years from the wings. So up to the USA to take them in America and give them free houses, medical care etc etc. Europe is massively going to the far right groups in the forthcomming elections of the European parliament and that is neither a good thing.

Europeans (and many americans)  are also getting fed up in seeing the war crimes in Gaza under total protection  of America towards the concerned,  while on the other hand harsh sanctions against Russia are imposed and creating global inflation.

Not to mention the hushed up scandals of embezzlement of western money in Ukraine like the missing 400 millions reported by Pulitzer price US journalist S.Hersh. As usual, those who really need help in Ukraine are the last who will receive it.

Let's remember: Before the war, the Ukraine was classified as corrupt as Russia, making it impossible to join the "EU". Just as a reminder.

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

No Thanks!

I had to look it up.

Based upon my knowledge of American food (mainly from watching the Beverley Hill Billies) I was expecting that grits would be the internal organs of some animal (like chitlings). But grits is just a porridge made from corn.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sigmund said:

the missing 400 millions reported by Pulitzer price US journalist

Reliable link, (both Pro & Con) if you can find it, please!

What is the relevance of that so called prize today?

I think he got that prize 54 years ago!

2 hours ago, swissie said:

Yes, sad story. But to this very day, there were no Russian soldiers in the "Western Ukraine". Who did the looting? His neighbors?

during Exodus'22 some cities turn into temporary passages for refugees from Central and Eastern UA. Also they didn't/don't fancy each other and speak different languages. 

Driving through arabesque suburbs with empty households....  what a blazing temptation!
What I heard is that within first weeks most of non-geriatric population of those regions simply vanished.

PS: does it matter who actually DID looting?

Edited by NativeBob

14 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

during Exodus'22 some cities turn into temporary passages for refugees from Central and Eastern UA. Also they didn't/don't fancy each other and speak different languages. 

Driving through arabesque suburbs with empty households....  what a blazing temptation!
What I heard is that within first weeks most of non-geriatric population of those regions simply vanished.

PS: does it matter who actually DID looting?

In the eastern Ukraine they speak Russian, In the western Ukraine they speak Ukrainian. Just another Russian slang. Same as US southern slang compared to the slang of Boston. Still undersrtanding each other.

• Confused 1

Can not see why this thread has been moved to "The war in Ukraine", as the thread of "Why are Russians fleeing to Thailand" still remains in the "pub forum". It adresses the same configuration be it in Thailand or Europe.

But I suppose that as long as Russian Tourists can support themselves, they are welcome. Once they run out of money, Thai authorities will find a way to "unload" them to Europe.

But as long as they have money to spend (as usual), everybody is welcome in Thailand. Seems to me that "ASEAN NOW" is supportive of this concept.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, swissie said:

In the eastern Ukraine they speak Russian, In the western Ukraine they speak Ukrainian. Just another Russian slang. Same as US southern slang compared to the slang of Boston. Still undersrtanding each other.

Ok, there're also polish, romanians (moldovian) and hungarian communities and language groups. Them all talking slightly different "slangs" of Russian languages, understand each other and share immense love and respect to their Motherland and countrymen.

Ooops, I forgot that our beloved Lubavitch rabbi was originally from Uman' and pogroms (weekend cultural events) took place exactly near western border of Russian Empire - hence the name "Border Land".

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, swissie said:

So what? in Switzerland you speak 4 languages 

The four national languages of Switzerland are German, French, Italian, and Romansh. German, French, and Italian maintain equal status as official languages at the national level within the Federal Administration of the Swiss Confederation, while Romansh is used in dealings with people who speak it.
Official: German, French, Italian, Romansh

17 minutes ago, still kicking said:

So what? in Switzerland you speak 4 languages 

The four national languages of Switzerland are German, French, Italian, and Romansh. German, French, and Italian maintain equal status as official languages at the national level within the Federal Administration of the Swiss Confederation, while Romansh is used in dealings with people who speak it.
Official: German, French, Italian, Romansh

It took centuries to form something like "Switzerland". Never having a chance to emerge as a "world power". But some mountain tribes decided that the rule of the "Habsburgs" had  to end. The result was that many small "countries" joined the "Swiss Confederation". Small is beautiful, nevermind the 4 languages, still in effect and causing no problems.

Knowing that we would be too small to affect "world happenings", we decided to stay neutral. =May the "world powers" bang each others head in. We rather not partake.

What if: All countries turn "Neutral"?  No interferance of other countries internal affairs?  Switzerland as a shining example?

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, swissie said:

What if: All countries turn "Neutral"?  No interference of other countries internal affairs?  Switzerland as a shining example?

Oh NO!
What about:
~ Raytheon ($RTX), Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics and other hi-tech giants?
~ Those sweet shares you-know-who owned?
~ Financial support for "young democracies"?
~ Billions of dollars syphoned through "classified funding"?

World peace is for hippies and we know that sixties are over, man!

• Confused 1

This topic might have made for an interesting discussion if the opening post had included links - from credible sources - for the statements being made. As this was not the case, this topics need to be closed.

:mfr_closed1:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1