Qantas flights numbers ?

Screenshot_2024-04-26-03-30-12-94_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg.cef9eeedd782c86f057d548651af66fc.jpgAnyone know how to call Qantas airways to change my flights ,it's not working online 

I can't find a overseas Australian number to call them 

Their Thailand contact numbers don't work

66 26326611

Do I need to put the 66 if I'm in Thailand?

What about 001 800611 2867 

Seems a bit long 

None of these numbers work ?

Very strange 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1

Are you dialling 66 26326611 or +66 26326611

Yes, in Thailand you should be able to drop the "+66" - but you need to substitute that with a "0"  i.e. 02 6326611

The "001..." might be a US number, but "toll free". Not sure how that would work if you are using a Thai carrier. The number that you have there is for their Frequent Flyer Line but you might also want to try +1 800 6114797 or failing that: 001 800 611 4797   That number was shown on their AU website.

Keep in mind their hours are shown as 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays). Allow for time differences. Yesterday was Anzac day in Australia, so that might explain your issues.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AverageAussie said:

I have not been able to dial an Aussie "13" number from Thailand.

Your only possibility for those numbers is to use a VoIP service based in Australia.

Ok thanks 

I'm not sure how Qantas expects people in Thailand to call them !

I need to change my flight dates 

Thankyou for your help anyway 

10 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Ok thanks 

I'm not sure how Qantas expects people in Thailand to call them !

I need to change my flight dates 

Thankyou for your help anyway 

As mentioned, yesterday was a public holiday in Australia. They don't provide a 24/7 call service and I suspect all their global numbers will redirect to a call centre based in Australia (or at the least a call centre working to their time zones).

The lines open Monday - Friday at 8.30 am. Thailand would be 3 hours behind AEST - so 5.30am  - try in about 15 minutes.

• Thanks 1

A few weeks ago I'm sitting in my local  park in Sydney when I saw Alan Joyce the CEO of Qantas walking his dog

So he must live near me

If I see him again I'm going to go over to him and tell him the numbers do not work in Thailand!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AverageAussie said:

As mentioned, yesterday was a public holiday in Australia. They don't provide a 24/7 call service and I suspect all their global numbers will redirect to a call centre based in Australia (or at the least a call centre working to their time zones).

The lines open Monday - Friday at 8.30 am. Thailand would be 3 hours behind AEST - so 5.30am  - try in about 15 minutes.

Yes thanks again

As soon as it gets to 9am here in Thailand I will try the numbers without the "66" 

• Like 1

No problem.

I am curious how you got on - and which call centre you got connected to. So do report back if you have a few minutes.

My own experience with QF hasn't been great, sometimes waiting over an hour in a queue before getting through. That said, the standard of service once getting through to a human was 10/10. The new CEO has promised improvements, but that remains to be seen.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Does ,+6626326611-14

Mean I can dial the 11 or the 14?? Or is it both the 11&14?

I just tried all these numbers

02632611 not correct 

Maybe I have to put a plus sign then the 66 even though I'm in Thailand?

Anyone know ?

I'm trying to call Qantas but all numbers must be wrong 

I don't understand why they just don't write it simply ?

Edited by georgegeorgia

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Thanks guys 

I tried the number without the 66 and now it's working 

Just waiting for them to open 😺 

Thankyou all 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Remember you need to use the "+" symbol, then the country code (66 for Thailand, 61 for Australia) and then the area code (minus the "0") and finally local number.  That should work on all mobiles, but maybe not the traditional landline phones.

Press "0" on your keypad and hold for about a second for the "+" symbol to appear.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

The codes given are all International numbers.
+66 is the Thai International code to ring if you're outside the Country.

+001 doesn't belong to a specific country. Instead, it's part of the international dialling format used to make calls to the United States, Canada, and several other countries in the North American Numbering Plan 

Inside Thailand, just drop the +66 International code, replacing with a 0 as a local code.
Therefore, +662 632 6611 becomes 02 632 6611.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AverageAussie said:

Remember you need to use the "+" symbol...

I believe it makes a difference whether or not you call from a landline phone or from a mobile phone.

21 hours ago, Maestro said:

I believe it makes a difference whether or not you call from a landline phone or from a mobile phone.

I did make this qualification: "maybe not the traditional landline phones."

This might however not apply to corded VoIP services that will work with the "+" symbol in lieu of the international access code. The older PSTN handsets don't have provision for that symbol, whilst newer VoIP handsets with a display screen may have them.

I managed to get through to their Bangkok office who put me through to their call centre which seems to be in the Philippines 🇵🇭

Great service ,good english , 

There was a fee of $175 to change however but he said it's normally over $300 but my flight had a different code ,whatever that means.

Anyway all done ! Thanks guys 🙏🙏