US Navy's Carrier Strike Group Visits Thailand before West Pacific Operations 

webfact

image.jpeg

The United States Navy's Carrier Strike Group 9, led by the aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN-71), is currently docked at Thailand's Laem Chabang port in Chonburi. The naval group will remain there until the end of the month before proceeding to naval exercises in the West Pacific region. 

Crewmembers are currently on a one-week shore leave, primarily in the Pattaya area and as far as Bangkok. The anchorage location is about 25 kilometers north of Pattaya, a notable shift from previous decades when US naval ships would anchor off Pattaya. 

In addition to the USS Theodore Roosevelt, the Carrier Strike Group includes four US navy destroyers: the USS Russell (DDG-59), USS Howard (DDG-83), USS Halsey (DDG-97), and USS Daniel Inouye (DDG-118). The aircraft on board include Lockheed Martin’s F-35C Lightning II fighters and Boeing F/A-18 Super Hornet jets. 

The exact location for the Carrier Strike Group's West Pacific exercises remains confidential. It is speculated they may occur near the South China Sea, an area marked by naval tensions and a frequent site of Chinese naval and coast guard presence. 

Picture: Creative Commons License via Google

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-04-26

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The exact location for the Carrier Strike Group's West Pacific exercises remains confidential. It is speculated they may occur near the South China Sea,

Quelle surprise!

3 hours ago, BigStar said:

One of our most beloved fantasies, always repeated when a US ship visits. But for about 10 years now the sailors have been prohibited shore leave here; engagements with prostitutes strictly forbidden under serious penalty.

This all came out again during Cobra Gold. After all the nonsense and refusals to accept the reality on the forum, not one sailor was spotted in Pattaya. NONE was to be seen on Soi 6, Walking St., etc.

So then we had a deafening silence in the fantasy thread. 🙂

Some of you old farts badly need updating, sitting there at your keyboards imagining this or that.

They are being despatched at the Hard Rock hotel in a fleet of coaches. Officers to Avani. ( all as per usual).

• Like 1

Just now, champers said:

They are being despatched at the Hard Rock hotel in a fleet of coaches. Officers to Avani. ( all as per usual).

Heard that rumor during Cobra Gold. Then none reportedly seen there. Let's have the evidence.

1 minute ago, BigStar said:

Heard that rumor during Cobra Gold. Then none reportedly seen there. Let's have the evidence.

My better half told me - she has a business accross from HR on 2nd Rd. I will chastise her for not taking pics. 

They were here for Cobra Gold too, less than 12 months ago. Huge queues for the ATM at 7/11. I saw that with my own eyes.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, champers said:

My better half told me - she has a business accross from HR on 2nd Rd. I will chastise her for not taking pics. 

They were here for Cobra Gold too, less than 12 months ago. Huge queues for the ATM at 7/11. I saw that with my own eyes.

If so, the strict rules against liaisons with prostitutes still are in effect, so I doubt much activity will be going on for our members to w*nk over. Female service members will be along, for good or ill, rather dicey since the Tailhook scandal.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BigStar said:

If so, the strict rules against liaisons with prostitutes still are in effect, so I doubt much activity will be going on for our members to w*nk over. Female service members will be along, for good or ill, rather dicey since the Tailhook scandal.

There are restrictions, I agree, but they are here. The Shack restaurant on 2nd Rd halfway between Klang and HR will be packed if last time is anything to go by.

Agree that US Navy liberty is much more restrictive than the time I was in.

The times have changed immensely.  

The only groups that may have a little more freedom would be SPECWAR, Divers and EOD who traditionally were known to “bend the rules “.   At least that’s how it was in the past.

Well, the girlfriend and daughter wanted to travel to central Pattaya to see "6000" american "army" guys (I suppose Thai news) and instead I took them for a drive on Jomtien beach, where we were behind a songteow with some fairly obvious american sailors with open bottles enjoying Thailand.

Restrictions?  I think not!

So the US Navy is openly using Thailand as a valve to release the frustrations of it's boys during their Pattaya pit-tit stop ? We all know what many will be doing quietly in Patts 😁...Imagine all the people around making movies on their smartphones in the girly bars and then it ends up posted on MeTube and visioned back home in remote Milwakee or Ohio...😗

38 minutes ago, Sigmund said:

So the US Navy is openly using Thailand as a valve to release the frustrations of it's boys during their Pattaya pit-tit stop ? We all know what many will be doing quietly in Patts 😁...Imagine all the people around making movies on their smartphones in the girly bars and then it ends up posted on MeTube and visioned back home in remote Milwakee or Ohio...😗

Much better for the girls compared to the typical Soi Bukow coffin dodgers.

I read in another article that the sailors will be participating in community service activities. :whistling:

Does this mean some lucky grandmothers will be getting donations for their sick buffaloes ?    :clap2:

USS Theodore Roosevelt with 5000 people on board.

Party time for Pattaya traders is just around the corner.

Unlike in some other nations(names withheld), no lousy

anti-military protesters here in Thailand.

Wish all of their crews have a good time.

Edited by borderhopper2005

On 4/26/2024 at 9:31 AM, mikebell said:

After Songkran, it's Bonanza time on Soi 6.

Booze Time for sailors.

I heard all of US Naval vessels are 100% dry(no alcohol beverages allowed on their ships).

Edited by borderhopper2005

On 4/26/2024 at 8:36 AM, observer90210 said:

Those fine ladies back in the US will soon be contracting itchy private parts when their boys are back home.

Years ago they would line everyone up when they got back to the ship, then make them pull down their pants and look for the drip.  Probably some invasion of privacy rule now 

10 hours ago, Sigmund said:

So the US Navy is openly using Thailand as a valve to release the frustrations of it's boys during their Pattaya pit-tit stop ? 

Did you know the history of Pattaya?

It was originally a sleepy fishing village before 1960s.

But rapidly developed for US military's R&R during 1960s(Indo-China War).

And the nature of the town still greatly remains unchanged until today.

*R&R=Recreation and Rest

On 4/27/2024 at 10:37 AM, borderhopper2005 said:

Did you know the history of Pattaya?

It was originally a sleepy fishing village before 1960s.

But rapidly developed for US military's R&R during 1960s(Indo-China War).

And the nature of the town still greatly remains unchanged until today.

*R&R=Recreation and Rest

I was first there in 1968, nothing like today

1 hour ago, flexomike said:

I was first there in 1968, nothing like today

Hello, nice to talk to the old time veteran. 

I wonder if you were in the (front line) Marine back then?

I heard that those people were given 3 weeks leave once every 3months.

Is this true enough?