UN Report Warns Of Asia's Increasing Climate Crisis

webfact

31 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Social scientist, not a climate scientist. He was unemployed when he started the misinformation website. He was caught out misrepresenting reports and nobody respects him. Basically a fraudster.

And as for nobody respecting him, did you read the curriculum vitae I posted. That's your idea of nobody?

Just now, placeholder said:

And as for nobody respecting him, did you read the curriculum vitae I posted. That's your idea of nobody?

A dishonest climate shonky alarmist. That's your man? Explains a lot.

7 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Nothing post. 

I quote an article from Nature, possibly the most prestigious scientific journal in the world, that contradicts your claim, and you call it a nothing post. It's you who've got nothing.

• Like 1

Just now, placeholder said:

I quote an article from Nature, possibly the most prestigious scientific journal in the world, that contradicts your claim, and you call it a nothing post. It's you who've got nothing.

Nothing post. Nothing new there.

14 minutes ago, placeholder said:

James Taylor wrote an article in Forbes claiming that 2015 was not the hottest year on record:49a7

Are you going to correct this claim? It is embarrassing how you got it wrong despite the graph on this topic showing him to be correct.

7 minutes ago, susanlea said:

1998 was the hottest year until 2016 so it held the record for 18 years. 

I can't believe you are basing your assertions on the graph of Dr. Roy Spencer who can't get his work published in respectable journals and accuses the scientific world of conspiracy. This is definitely not a graph that the climatological research community bases its work on. On the other hand, the graph below reflects the consensus of the climatological community. I have taken the liberty of highlighting the year of 1998 in the graph below the first one just to make clear how tendentious your claim is.

Chart showing change in global temperature compared to the pre-industrial average since 1940. Temperatures have been rising, and 2023 was the warmest year on record at nearly 1.5C above pre-industrial levels.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-24021772

image.thumb.png.5c71bb24b76400a6c17242cbbbf0f4a4.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Are you going to correct this claim? It is embarrassing how you got it wrong despite the graph on this topic showing him to be correct.

If anyone should be embarrassed it's you basing your case on the widely dismissed work of Dr. Roy Spencer.

16 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Nothing post. Nothing new there.

It may not be new, but in fact it certainly doesn't support your claims about the steady increase in temperature rise. And instead of offering valid evidence to contradict it, all you offer is empty words.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, susanlea said:

Nothing post. 

It is common for people to ignore data outside their paradigm. It's called "cognitive dissonance".

You manifest that behavior when you fail to respond to scientific papers.

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

It is common for people to ignore data outside their paradigm. It's called "cognitive dissonance".

You manifest that behavior when you fail to respond to scientific papers.

Actually, they didn't fail to respond. Rather they dismissed research from one of the most prestigious, maybe the most prestigious, scientific journal in the world. 

• Like 1