kids minimum age to travel without mother consent

Jo77

Hi,

I'm wondering how old my kids need to be to be able to leave Thailand with me without their Thai mother consent. Let say that she abandons them and don't want to give a letter to leave the country, what would happen to my kids? If I can't stay in the country then I would just have to let them in the street?

is that 20 years old in Thailand? Damn that's long. Legal custody would be a close in the divorce? we are still married so I guess I don't have legal custody.

If you're planning to taking your kids from their mother, well, really reflect on that action.

If the mother has actually abandoned them, then seek legal advice.

3 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Do your children have passports from your home country?  Are they citizens there?  Getting these two things in place will help you.

yes they have dual citizenship and they have both passports but I think they still need the letter of consent unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, connda said:

If you're planning to taking your kids from their mother, well, really reflect on that action.

If the mother has actually abandoned them, then seek legal advice.

So you know nothing but you make assumptions?

I'm not planning to take them from her unless she really become dangerous for them. I'm planning on making sure they have a roof, food, education and not having a pedophile step father or something like this and not letting my kids to an irresponsible person.

Now she can be ok as long as everything is going well for her, means money, good boyfriend, etc but when she faces problems she is very selfish and quickly lose her <deleted>.

3 minutes ago, Jo77 said:

yes they have dual citizenship and they have both passports but I think they still need the letter of consent unfortunately.

Yes letter most likely required but you have not told the children's ages.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Yes letter most likely required but you have not told the children's ages.

much less than 20 unfortunately, so apparently it doesn't matter how old they are the requirement will be the same.

Here I just want to know if I face this situation what would be my option, if she lose her mind completely, do I have to prove it, take a lawyer to show that's the case, if the lawyer is too expensive what could I do. Just to prepare myself if ever it happens, as she has already proved that she can go quite far when things not going the way she wants.

Edited by Jo77

8 minutes ago, Jo77 said:

if she lose her mind completely, do I have to prove it, take a lawyer to show that's the case, if the lawyer is too expensive what could I do.

If she lose her mind completely, you do not have to prove anything as she will be in the hospital.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Dante99 said:

If she lose her mind completely, you do not have to prove anything as she will be in the hospital.

then let say enough to don't go to hospital but enough to be harmful to our children. I see a lot of kids in Thailand running around their house without shoes and looking skinny with parents that are not in hospital, that's the part I don't want for my kids and few horrible things that happen to them with parents not being in hospital.

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

Offer her money to make the letter. simple IMO. To Take them to see their grandparents or other family. just a suggestion. 

That's one good advise, right now I don't have a budget, she lost everything I bought for the family with another man. She would probably accept but it would not be cheap, I would need to present it a way that doesn't make her look bad. Hopefully nothing of the sort will happen again and if it happens I better to have some money hidden somewhere.

6 hours ago, Jo77 said:

So you know nothing but you make assumptions?

I'm not planning to take them from her unless she really become dangerous for them. I'm planning on making sure they have a roof, food, education and not having a pedophile step father or something like this and not letting my kids to an irresponsible person.

Now she can be ok as long as everything is going well for her, means money, good boyfriend, etc but when she faces problems she is very selfish and quickly lose her <deleted>.

So you'd like to kidnap the children for their own protection?  My guess is that is often said by the parent seeking to rip custodial rights from other parent.  Good luck.  Stay out of jail.

• Confused 1

On 4/27/2024 at 4:43 PM, connda said:

So you'd like to kidnap the children for their own protection?  My guess is that is often said by the parent seeking to rip custodial rights from other parent.  Good luck.  Stay out of jail.

I have no idea what you are on, I suppose you are just losing face and trying anything to don't look bad but you don't kidnap your own children and I'm asking about parents right and law, nowhere did I say I want to do something illegal but I guess you run out of anything to say. Who will not want to protect their child from an unstable person and I already explained that I have no problem for her to keep the children as long as she is sound of mind and not exposing them to danger as she did before.

• Like 1