Thai-Brit apprehended for drug-induced car rampage in Pattaya

webfact

19 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

you dont think drinking and driving is a big deal?

people often die because of it, ya know?

Oh yes!  and he had Ketamine too.  Eventually Thailand will regret the legalization of other drugs. The beginning of the end!  and the resulting super-sophisticated feel-good sales promotion of THC in this website has a lot to answer for, both now and future addictions to advanced drugs.

Expect their counter justifications to follow.

Authorative quote just re THC > "The effects of THC-infused edibles can make you feel sleepy and lightheaded, reducing reaction time in the process. This increases the risk of serious accidents. Generally speaking, you should not consume edibles unless you're certain you don't have to work or drive anywhere for the rest of the day."

Goodbye folks.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Oh dear, more Brit headlines. 

Anyone here have a son called Matthew? 

You are required at the cop shop, your son needs bail money. 💲💲💲

Dad has taught the boy well. 

Keeping the tradition going. 

Like father, like son.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

Minor incidend, scratched car, bike parked too close together so they all fall over at the same time.

Irrelevant, but he's a foreigner so lets hang 'im 😁

In some parts, bikes have got to be parked closely together otherwise you wouldn't be able to get parked in the same town that you were visiting!

Edited by sambum
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

Minor incidend, scratched car, bike parked too close together so they all fall over at the same time.

how about procecute this idiot for drunk driving

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

Nah, he is a next gen .Brit. You know, the ones that so many time makes the regular foreigner look bad. 

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Named only as Matthew, his reckless driving spooked local motorcycle taxi drivers who witnessed the erratic episode.

With the way half of them drive, he must have been doing some crazy stuff! lol

8 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Pathetic ! Dad could easily be Thai. for all you know. 

• Confused 1

2 Kingdoms in the same basket? Sounds like a oxymoron. 

However cases like this quite easy to judge: if he entered Thailand with thai passport - than he's khun thai, otherwise - brit. He's not some deity to be one-in-two or one-in-three emanations. 

6 hours ago, kevozman1 said:

If you consider this "wreaking havoc" then you probably spend a lot of time in your condo coffin and don;t see what the locals get up to. I wonder what Mrs save the frogs is getting up to while you wonder your box in the sky all day.

Let me translate your gibberish for those not fluent in that unintelligible language: says kevozman1 - "Your 'wreaking havoc' statement is over my head, beyond my comprehension,  and my being cIueIess it makes me feel stυpid, so I'm compelled to hurl kneejerk juvenile personal attacks and insults as ego defenses for my petulant ill tempered inner child." There, done. Carry on, but make no mistake, everything you say makes you look like a bIoody wɑnker and a blithering ƒooI. Keep it coming, everyone loves a clown - we're highly amused. 

Edited by Jonathan Swift
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, kevozman1 said:

Yeah this site and the remaining grumpy old man's club are bottom rung

Thank you for hanging in there, since 2008................:clap2:

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, mancub said:
10 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Pathetic ! Dad could easily be Thai. for all you know. 

Less likely with a boy called Matthew thought....  

The lad is 24, so an adult... I don't know what kind of upbringing leads to that, but however solid the upbringing, the young lad can go off the rails at any time, particularly in a place such as Pattaya. 

I'm constantly evaluating how I can do better to bring up my son so he doesn't end up doing something silly such as this...  Ultimately, we can't choke our children, they have to make their own choices and be aware of the consequences.... 

A 24 year old going off the rails - Booze, Ketamin, accident, DUI...    its the norm. 

I know a lot of Thai friends, I do not know a Thai person who has not had a drink driving related accident... I also a lot of Westerners here, I only know of two westerners here who have had a drink drive related accident, but its probably more than two.

• Confused 1

Some troll posts and replies discussing another member have been removed.  Posts using derogatory nicknames or intentional misspelling of people’s names  will be removed.  If you don’t want your post to be removed, spell people’s names correctly.

4 hours ago, Jiggo said:

Half Thai

Military Service for his misdemeanours then.

As he's 24, he may well have completed Military Service...  its an unknown and somewhat irrelevant. 

Punishment should of course be inline with any other Thai lad who's caught behaving in the same manner. 

The issue of course is that the punishment is not severe and often just passed over - this enables the the whole of society to behave with total disregard for the law. 

As the article quoted - a few days ago a Thai Lady *(about 50 years old) a very wealthy CEO caught drink driving nearly 4x the legal limit - the Thai Police had 'chest cams' and they recorder her abusive language (calling the Police offer 'sub-human' etc)...  this recording went viral in the Thai social media of course. 

I wonder if the CEO and this Thai-British lad receive the same level of penalty - such behavior has to involve an automatic imprisonment if Thailand is going to make any inroads to this national endemic of DUI. 

This is the story here, there was far greater response on Thai social media than this forum.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1325957-executive-arrested-for-drunk-driving-and-attacking-police-in-bangkok/

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

The lad is 24, so an adult... I don't know what kind of upbringing leads to that,

That is a good question Richard.

It is Pattaya so from what i have experienced and seen first hand is most of the mixed race children to Brits in Pattaya it is highly likely that the father would be the Brit, and likely someone who likes a drink and quite often drugs and was attracted to Pattaya by the sex scene, not the temples and the pritine beach. And often largely absent.

The mothers are often tattooed druggies/ drunks/ gamblers with low education that have worked in the "nightlife" areas and also a high chance has other kids back in Issan somewhere that they rarely see or take care of.

So what chance do these kids have? Pattaya is full of them.

Pattaya has a large social scene of Brits and other foreigners who have married the prostitutes and have children.

It is a very cringeworthy scene to be honest. Especially when they all get drunk, it brings the worst out of the foreigner and brings the bar out of the women. They even have their own special bar lingo.

Disneyland for adults. Not so nice for the kids, despite how some like Dan likes to paint it.

• Haha 1