Nine Anti-coup Leaders Detained

george

I found it amazing at the suggestion the 8 were political prisoners from the Bangkok post headlines. This was clearly a premeditate act in that they brought all their gear for an assault on Prem. Clearly criminal and not political.

Not that clear.

Carefully edited/censored reporting in the mass media only gives you the impression.

So why don't you inform us with facts - preferably with pictures and movies. That disrepute the pics and movies we have seen sofar. That according to you are edited.

Well, if you go to Sanam Luang, you can pick up a CD with an edited version of their view including footage that was not shown on television, for obvious reasons. If you combine both of what is shown there, and the edited version you can see on television - you will come closer to the truth of what really happened there.

Colypat, I am not in disagreement about their position, and certainly they are entitled to it. I am looking at their actions that are clearly criminal and someone for whatever reason putting a political label on it.

When I see a huge rock in a protesters hand, all other arguments simply fall apart and that become criminal as in assault. Opinion comes from mouth and tongue, assault comes from muscles. Very clear. I think Helen Keller could see this with her cane.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And then there were six

Court approves Weng, Manit's bail

The Criminal Court Friday afternoon released two anti-coup protest leaders on bail.

The court allowed Weng Tojitrakarn and Manit Jitchanklab to be released on bail after each deposited Bt200,000 in cash as guarantee.

The Nation

DAAD to relocate stage to in front Thammasat University

August 3, 2007 : Last updated 03:52 pm

The Democrat Alliance Against Dictatorship agreed to relocate its stage to an area in front of Thammasat University to make way for Her Majesty the Queen's birthday celebration at Sanam Luang.

Aree Krainara, a leading DAAD member, said the group agreed to relocate the stage as requested by Bangkok Metropolitan Administration so that workers could replant grasses to make preparations for celebration.

The DAAD stage is now on the northern side of Sanam Luang and the area is required for the celebration.

Bangkok Deputy Governor Wallop Suwandee said the stage has to be moved away on Saturday.

Aree said the DAAD would continue its rally on the side of Thammasat University until August 19 or 20.

The Nation

could this be the same stage the police where advertising the seizure of at 5am the other day ?

Police to demolish and seize stage of DAAD

Published on Aug 1, 2007

About 900 policemen will be deployed to demolish and seize the Sanam Luang stage of the Democratic Alliance Against Dictatorship early Thursday morning.

The police commandos would be deployed from the 191 Emergency Police Division to Sanam Luang at 5 am, deputy metropolitan police chief Pol Maj Gen Niphon Phumarin said.

He said the policemen would be armed only with shields.

He said the stage would be seized as an evidence against nine DAAD leaders who have been detained pending charges of allegedly instigating unrest.

Niphon said the protesters would not be allowed to set up another stage until after the celebration of Her Majesty the Queen's birthday on August 12.

The Nation

never saw any more on this ....................

I found it amazing at the suggestion the 8 were political prisoners from the Bangkok post headlines. This was clearly a premeditate act in that they brought all their gear for an assault on Prem. Clearly criminal and not political.

Not that clear.

Carefully edited/censored reporting in the mass media only gives you the impression.

So why don't you inform us with facts - preferably with pictures and movies. That disrepute the pics and movies we have seen sofar. That according to you are edited.

Well, if you go to Sanam Luang, you can pick up a CD with an edited version of their view including footage that was not shown on television, for obvious reasons. If you combine both of what is shown there, and the edited version you can see on television - you will come closer to the truth of what really happened there.

Colypat, I am not in disagreement about their position, and certainly they are entitled to it. I am looking at their actions that are clearly criminal and someone for whatever reason putting a political label on it.

When I see a huge rock in a protesters hand, all other arguments simply fall apart and that become criminal as in assault. Opinion comes from mouth and tongue, assault comes from muscles. Very clear. I think Helen Keller could see this with her cane.

Well, and a i said - if you want to look at the complete footage - you will have to get their version at Sanam Luang, and look at both together. I am rather sure you will find a perfectly reasonable explanation how and why it came to the violence, and who started assaulting who.

According to the Nation police didn't have a warrant to dismantle the stage, they'll be back.

link ?

astounding that such a trivial detail would be overlooked , guess they where busy with the press conference ............................

If someone wants to prove his point it's his responsibility to produce the evidence.

It seems to be that every evening i have to go through this pubescent ego game with you. Or do you try to annoy me off the board now?

Anyhow, i am in no need to prove any point. Someone asked me about video footage to prove my point, and i provided information where that footage can be obtained easily, and how that footage can be compared to what is shown on TV. Simple as that. I am not an activist, and i will not post activists videos on the net.

Or is it simply that you need somebody to support your laziness because you are interested in shooting off statements on the net, but won't put the work in and read relevant books or make a trip to Sanam Luang to obtain already mentioned VCD.

vYDoJ7W.jpg

The anti-junta Democratic Alliance Against Dictatorship continued its daily rally at Sanam Luang last night despite a police threat to take down the main stage. Police failed to produce a court order for the stage to be dismantled.
Picture Taken : 2007-08-03 10:10:43

Photographer : Korbphuk Phromrekha

Selective footage with propaganda voice-over making assumptions that the video itself sometimes doesn't support.

Yes, we have all seen these things before. The communist and anarkist raids in Gothenburg 2001 springs to mind. Black masked kids, armed to the teeth with knives and street-stones - all kind mommas boys. Sure, whatever...

If the above video is what CP bases his beliefs on, it explains some.

Several off topic posts have been deleted.

For all concerned, the topic at hand is "Nine Anti-coup Leaders Detained"

Personal opinions on the subject are welcomed, personal attacks are not.

If the personal attacks continue, this topic will be closed and holidays will be given.

Final warning

And then there were six

The Criminal Court Friday afternoon released two anti-coup protest leaders on bail.

The court allowed Weng Tojitrakarn and Manit Jitchanklab to be released on bail after each deposited Bt200,000 in cash as guarantee.

The Nation

So what happened? I thought the freedom fighters had dismissed any idea of bail as they considered themselves to have done nothing wrong.

And where is Mr Chalard and his cage? Surely he hasn't given up as well?

And then there were six

The Nation

So what happened? I thought the freedom fighters had dismissed any idea of bail as they considered themselves to have done nothing wrong.

In all honesty being kept in a prison and having to abide by the rules set for detainees is not a nice thing for a bunch of middle class to hi-so's used to the good life especially the aged ones. I dont blame then for seeking bail. It is one thing to say you wont seek bail as a political point and quite another to actually do it. Jails aint nice places.

Not that clear.

Hmmmm...., I have to confess that during our student protest when we got praised for being so good and peacfull, but gained nothing .... ups we turned violent too.

Then we got attention and the backing of the professors. Sometimes you can't avoid it.

And then there were six

The Nation

In all honesty being kept in a prison and having to abide by the rules set for detainees is not a nice thing for a bunch of middle class to hi-so's used to the good life especially the aged ones. I don't blame then for seeking bail. It is one thing to say you wont seek bail as a political point and quite another to actually do it. Jails ain't nice places.

Yes, their high ideals of refusing bail and demanding they be held for the maximum 48 days met with the reality of being in jail, which indeed is not a nice place, and so the two claimed they needed release on bail due to "health reasons."

Nothing specific was mentioned, but perhaps it was the same as Thaksin's Election Commissioners who, once incarcerated, pleaded for release because prison was "too stressful."

=======================================

Thank you for posting the link, Gnarpjohan.

Jakob the Liar exceeds his previous record for the most falsehoods spoken within a span of 5 minutes.

As TAWP noted, his narrative histrionics don't match the video displayed.

Court approves arrest warrant against protest leader

The Dusit District Court Sunday approved an arrest warrant against a protest leader after he failed to meet police investigators.

The court considered that Suchart Nakbangsai, a leader of the Saturday People Against Dictatorship, had clear intention to escape so the court approved the warrant against him.

Police investigators said Suchart climbed over the fence into the compound of the residence of Privy Council President Prem Tinsulanond in the night of July 22 when anti-coup protesters staged a riot outside his house.

- The Nation

The video on Google had Jakrapop's voiceover, which was a political message, not a commentary.

That raises a question - did he say anything that might be called "damaging the country's image"? He certainly wasn't speaking to fellow Thais in the video.

Legality questions aside, I think Thais deserve to know what Jakrapop is telling foreigners about their country. Even Thaksin had to stop when Thais learned what his lobbyists wrote for itnernational magazines.

Jakrapop has his freedom of speech, but Thais also have the right to reply to whatever he says about them.

It’s amazing how suddenly these health Thai men get sick and want out of jail. I think it would be amusing if the judge were to say ‘you can stay out until you are better. If you go to a rally that will tell us you are well enough to go back to jail.’

But in reality this is all just a political statement using the jail as a tool.

I wonder how they are enjoying their dance with the devil.

Even Thaksin had to stop when Thais learned what his lobbyists wrote for itnernational magazines.

Really? Have you perhaps confused the lobbyists paid for by US pharmaceutical interests who indeed painted a negative picture of Thailand in websites and elsewhere (quite misleadingly in my opinion).Then there was a quite separate PR firm retained by Thaksin about the same time which to my knowledge did nothing to portray the country in a poor light, though of course making his political case against the junta.That of course was his right as an elected leader deposed by an illegal military coup.

Still as the late British Prime Minister, James Callaghan once pointed out, "A lie can go half way round the world before the truth has put its boots on".

It’s amazing how suddenly these health Thai men get sick and want out of jail. I think it would be amusing if the judge were to say ‘you can stay out until you are better. If you go to a rally that will tell us you are well enough to go back to jail.’

Face is important in Thailand. It would be lost if saying I will stay in jail and refuse bail and decide that jail aint nice and request bail. The health problem thing saves this dilemma. It may actually be they have health problems too. Mind you if one did suffer from them it would be a tad stupid to say you want to stay in jail in the first place and also I would think of more than a little concern to family members who may actually love the person making the statement.

Even Thaksin had to stop when Thais learned what his lobbyists wrote for itnernational magazines.

Really? Have you perhaps confused the lobbyists paid for by US pharmaceutical interests who indeed painted a negative picture of Thailand in websites and elsewhere (quite misleadingly in my opinion).

Thais quickly jumped on the fact that Thaksin's lobbyists and pharma lobbyists were one and the same firm, or that articles were signed by one and the same person.

Whether it was true or not is irrelevant, public opinion turned against Thaksin.

We had accusation of Thaksin conspiring to tarnish his own country, or big pharma conspiring against Thai Health Ministry, and no one would own up to it.

That was, btw, the source of my "antisemitic" joke - they all have similar sounding and clearly Jewish names. I called it "Jewish conspiracy".

The two articles go hand in hand... first, the authorities are preparing the paperwork to given them their second 12-day detention order.... then shortly thereafter, requesting bail sounds better and better to the boys..... so much for their high talk... their yappy barks are clearly not as much a bite as a nip.

BREAKING NEWS

Longer detention of UDD leaders sought

The Metropolitan police are preparing to request for authorization from the Criminal Court to extend the detention of the remaining key leaders of the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) on Monday.

If approved by the court, the six remaining leaders will be kept behind bars for another 12 days.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=120673

==============================================

then realising that the jail food isn't all that good to their sensitive systems... or perhaps that the pillows aren't too fluffly... or perhaps they're just getting nervous the way Somchai keeps eyeing them in the communal shower... it's..........

Urgent: 6 DAAD leaders to seek bail Monday

Six leaders of the Democratic Alliance Against Dictatorship will seek their release on bail from the Bangkok Remand Prison Monday.

The six leaders disclosed of their plan to seek bail after their relatives and friends visited them at the prison at 10 am.

- The Nation

==============================================================

they have all the deep moral convictions displayed by snake oil salesman...

:o

Face is important in Thailand. It would be lost if saying I will stay in jail and refuse bail and decide that jail aint nice and request bail. The health problem thing saves this dilemma. It may actually be they have health problems too. Mind you if one did suffer from them it would be a tad stupid to say you want to stay in jail in the first place and also I would think of more than a little concern to family members who may actually love the person making the statement.

It implies being in jail is elective. Lat time I checked jails were a form a correction and not necessary meant to be pleasant. Try not to forget that what they did was premeditated to get tossed in jail so they could substantiate their position. I personally would like to see them sit until after the vote to keep them out of everyone’s hair.

So was there a rally yesterday or is it tonight? If it was yesterday how many showed this time?

Edited by John K

The tension from Somchai's shower smiles got to them.... and they caved in on their promise to do 48 days in jail and refuse bail...

Six DAAD leaders released on bail

Six leaders of the Democratic Alliance Against Dictatorship were released on bail from the Bangkok Reman Prison Monday afternoon.

The Criminal Court allowed them to be released by posting Bt200,000 in cash each as guarantee.

- The Nation

=========================================================

Apparently their pre-promised release date did come at a heavy cost with some significant loss of face....

faceless.jpgfaceless.jpgfaceless.jpg

faceless.jpgfaceless.jpgfaceless.jpg