Clothes

JGV

Where do you guys buy clothes that are say somewhat bigger than average - Waist 40 inches and chest large as well

Talking about T shirts, shorts andshirts - I guess trousers have to be tailored

Any help appreciate

I mean in Pattaya - don't want to trudge to Pratunam

JGV

You can often get large sizes at Soi Buakhow market (Diesel jeans etc, combats). Some shorts you can get at Mike Shopping mall downstairs if you are prepared to 'run the gauntlet'. There's also a shop in the Outlet Mall, at the top of Thepprasit Rd next to Tesco Lotus - the prices are really cheap and clothes are often good quality - can't remember the name exactly but you'll find it easily.

Tue/Fri Mkt or try 2nd floor Big C mall, export shop.

Mike's sucks and so does Amazing Thailand.

Has anyone come across any decent tank-tops? I need a large size and I like loose fit...I haven't come across any yet, either in Pattaya or Bangkok. I find that even the 3XL Thai size is too small.

dude - you can try amazing thailand but be prepared for the dogs <deleted>.

pattaya is best place for farang clothes but i buy by (36in) clothes in usa and shirts in export shop. quality is crap here.

Has anyone come across any decent tank-tops? I need a large size and I like loose fit...I haven't come across any yet, either in Pattaya or Bangkok. I find that even the 3XL Thai size is too small.

Where do you guys buy clothes that are say somewhat bigger than average - Waist 40 inches and chest large as well

Any help appreciate

JGV

For tee-shirts and shorts you might have to do a bit of a trudge to find something that you like in your (large) size.

As suggested before, the Made In Thailand market is a good place to start. Also check out some of the markets along Beach Road. (between Royal Garden and Walking Street.) Some stalls have larger sizes in tee-shirts but not a great selection of styles/colours.

For business style shirts and trousers (and shorts too) you are better off having them made to your size at any of the numerous tailor shops. If you bring some old clothes that fit you and leave them with the tailor, they will copy the measurements to your new garments.

Any help appreciate

JGV

Hi there,

Well i never go to these markets as they are too hot to start with and they are crowded.

I am quite oversized and cannot find any thing in the markets to fit me, so i go to a tailor here who i know for quite a long time now 4 years to be exact.He speaks 5 languages including German and English very fluently.

I get my shirts and pants tailored from a small shop located in soi 16 Naklua Road as he is a fair guy and knows about tailoring not like many others those who just come from Pakistan or Bangladesh as workers they work in the Indian Tailor shops for a few months and then open the shops to compete with the Indian tailors.

I tell you the Indian Tailors are the best, they are fair and give good quality stuff.

This guy i go to charges very less prices, as he says he like to have more friends than customers.He have divided his shop into 2 businesses one is tailoring and the other half is internet cafe & computer hardware sale and repair.His shop's name is Dang's Fashion or S.K.Computer & Internet cafe.

If you like to get some nice clothes made then you can get in touch with him.his mobile number is 081/8329646.He even pcks me up and drops me wherever i say.Just try him i guess you will not be disappointed.

I write so much about him because i have tried many tailors but no one could satisfy me.He is the only 1.

Well i guess this would help you guys out there a little.

Good Luck

Hi there,

Well i never go to these markets as they are too hot to start with and they are crowded.

I am quite oversized and cannot find any thing in the markets to fit me, so i go to a tailor here who i know for quite a long time now 4 years to be exact.He speaks 5 languages including German and English very fluently.

I get my shirts and pants tailored from a small shop located in soi 16 Naklua Road as he is a fair guy and knows about tailoring not like many others those who just come from Pakistan or Bangladesh as workers they work in the Indian Tailor shops for a few months and then open the shops to compete with the Indian tailors.

I tell you the Indian Tailors are the best, they are fair and give good quality stuff.

This guy i go to charges very less prices, as he says he like to have more friends than customers.He have divided his shop into 2 businesses one is tailoring and the other half is internet cafe & computer hardware sale and repair.His shop's name is Dang's Fashion or S.K.Computer & Internet cafe.

If you like to get some nice clothes made then you can get in touch with him.his mobile number is 081/8329646.He even pcks me up and drops me wherever i say.Just try him i guess you will not be disappointed.

I write so much about him because i have tried many tailors but no one could satisfy me.He is the only 1.

Well i guess this would help you guys out there a little.

Good Luck

can you give me an idea of what he charges to make decent quality t-shirts?

Tue/Fri Mkt or try 2nd floor Big C mall, export shop.

Mike's sucks and so does Amazing Thailand.

Not since 1974 :o:D:D

Edited by cubes2