Bangkok Man Held for Kidnapping Teenager

webfact

image.jpeg

Video screenshot

A 24-year-old man is in police custody accused of kidnapping and hiding a 14-year-old girl. Known as “Frame Wave125,” the man was arrested after a five-month family search. He was discovered in a construction site in the Chalong Krung region of Lat Krabang.

The saga began when the girl's family observed unusual behaviour from her in November last year. They later found out that she and the suspect had been involved in a secret relationship, which the family reported to the authorities.

In December, when the girl disappeared with the suspect, a five-month desperate search began. Acting on information, local police discovered the suspect's location. The man, identified as Charnchai, attempted to flee but was apprehended. An arrest warrant had been issued by the Samut Prakan Provincial Court on January 4, 2024.

A search revealed an improvised gun along with .38 caliber ammunition.

Charnchai admitted that he met the girl while working in Bang Bo. Even though they kept their relationship hidden from her family, they frequently met and he would take her from school to his rented room. Upon discovery by the girl's family, Charnchai took her to a new location to evade capture.

The suspect is under further investigation at the Chalong Krung Police Station, and the minor who was found at the construction site is now safely with her family.

Police Colonel Theeradech Thamsuwan appealed to parents to be vigilant about their child's safety. He added deceiving minors is not only illegal but also morally wrong and he encouraged anyone with information on similar crimes to report to the local authorities. The police pledged their commitment to promptly address public grievances.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-03

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

I hope the authorities also have a look at the family of the girl.

Did she have a good reason why she didn't want to live with them anymore?

Happy children mostly don't run away.

• Like 1

I'm waiting to read the kidnapper statement where he says 'I didn't know she was under age' or ' she told me

she was 18' kinda BS...

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:
2 hours ago, webfact said:

14-year-old girl. Known as “Frame Wave125

She identifies as a Honda motorbike. 

His name, not hers...

"Known as “Frame Wave125,” the man was arrested..." 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

A 24-year-old man is in police custody accused of kidnapping and hiding a 14-year-old girl. Known as “Frame Wave125,”

He'll go far.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

They later found out that she and the suspect had been involved in a secret relationship, which the family reported to the authorities.

Probably the most surprising thing about this story.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He added deceiving minors is not only illegal but also morally wrong and he encouraged anyone with information on similar crimes to report to the local authorities. The police pledged their commitment to promptly address public grievances.

Isn't it quite common for 14 year olds to date twenty somethings in Thailand?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Presnock said:

re-read the article - that was the guy's name, not the girl's.  

Outstanding, another strange person who has nothing better to do than comment on my deliberate mistakes. 

Keep up the good work guys, I'll keep the intentional errors coming, I may even offer an award for those who find all the errors. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 1