Non-o visa 400K THB @ Thai embassy

A friend of mine went to Malaysia to apply for  a non-o visa, the embassy requested him to show a bank statement of 400K THB, then he traveled to Indonesia to apply from the Thai embassy in Jakarta, and they asked him the same, he could just apply for a tourist visa to return to BKK and pack his staff, 

What I knew about this 400K requirement is for applying for a 1-year extension, now applied at the embassies too? 

1 year multi?  It's been required in many places for many years.  I used to get a non-O multi (marriage) in Penang 10 or so years ago and the same requirement was there.

• Like 1

I went to savanakhet last week ,2/May and 400k was deposited

On 18/April.The lady check the 6 month  statement and say money only in

On 18th.Ask her collegue and luckily they accepted and got my 1 yr 

Non o multiple.

On 5/5/2024 at 5:39 PM, Upnotover said:

1 year multi?  It's been required in many places for many years.  I used to get a non-O multi (marriage) in Penang 10 or so years ago and the same requirement was there.

I asked about this, he applied for a single entry - 3-month validity visa, not for  one-year visa, 

7 hours ago, AdamsPro said:

I asked about this, he applied for a single entry - 3-month validity visa, not for  one-year visa, 

Didn't he think to check out the requirements on their websites first?
Both state the 400K requirement for single entry.

Posted (edited)

Since 400k is mentioned I am imagining he was asking "based on marriage"?

In any case it is the same in USA this year

I always get the Type O non Imm/ 90 days to visit/stay with Thai Family  based on marriage 3 months every year with my wife. Usually have to show just $750/$1000 in bank statement

This year they asked for 400k equal in USD I explained I was not looking for 1 year extension just 90 days always for years to travel with my wife....to which they replied new requirement

So only option is 60 day tourist visa then extend 30 more in Thailand if you want 90 days...as always TIT 🙄

Edited by mania

On 5/9/2024 at 1:22 AM, mania said:

Since 400k is mentioned I am imagining he was asking "based on marriage"?

In any case it is the same in USA this year

I always get the Type O non Imm/ 90 days to visit/stay with Thai Family  based on marriage 3 months every year with my wife. Usually have to show just $750/$1000 in bank statement

This year they asked for 400k equal in USD I explained I was not looking for 1 year extension just 90 days always for years to travel with my wife....to which they replied new requirement

So only option is 60 day tourist visa then extend 30 more in Thailand if you want 90 days...as always TIT 🙄

Yeah, that's the new surprise when applying for a single entry, 

For the long going-on story of the 1-year extension, Non-o type is well known to have 400K and must be locked for 60 days, 
No idea about the secret magic behind this 400K frozen for 60 days requirement, 

however, my friend was so disgusted by this experience and said he would apply for a tourist visa just to come back to pack his luggage and then disappear leaving to somewhere else, 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1