Whats the legal age of consent in Thailand. Its confusing.

6 minutes ago, susanlea said:

So that makes it ok for adults to date minors because it is not uncommon? Murders happen daily therefore it is ok if I do it. Same argument you have.

IMHO everybody should live according to the laws in the country where they are living.

If it's legal then it's legal.

If you want to live according to some rules from back home or the bible class or whatever, that is up to you.

But please don't meddle with the life of other law-abiding citizens. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

IMHO everybody should live according to the laws in the country where they are living.

If you want to live according to some rules from back home or the bible class or whatever, that is up to you.

It is illegal to date minors in Thailand , as well as being illegal in many other Countries 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It is not legal for adults to date minors in Thailand without parental consent which you did not have as you admitted.

8 minutes ago, susanlea said:

It is not legal for adults to date minors in Thailand without parental consent which you did not have as you admitted.

Hello Mr. Parent, nice to meet you.

I like to have your written approval that I can f your daughter. Please sign at the dotted line.

Yeah, sure.

If the parents don't complain, then it's legal. Even if you don't like it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Hello Mr. Parent, nice to meet you.

I like to have your written approval that I can f your daughter. Please sign at the dotted line.

Yeah, sure.

If the parents don't complain, then it's legal. Even if you don't like it. 

If the Parents knew and made a police complaint , then it would be illegal and you would be going to jail 

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

If the Parents knew and made a police complaint , then it would be illegal and you would be going to jail 

But they didn't. And I am not in jail. QED

Get over it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Get over it. 

Only takes a change of mind. You broke the law, just the living parent has not acted on it yet.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Get over it. 

Either She or the Parents can make a Police compliant anytime after the event and she can withdraw her consent anytime she likes . 

She can just change her mind and get you charged .

4 hours ago, susanlea said:

16yos are living with parents.

As I said, this is Thailand.  It's not rare to find minors living alone for all kinds of reasons.  It's totally likely that for there to be a 16 year old living away from their parents and working full time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Are you really so ignorant or do you only pretend to know nothing?

I suggest find out about reality. And if you don't want that, then don't pretend you know what you are talking about. 

A lot of people are unable to comprehend that non-Western cultures are wildly different to our own.

• Thanks 1

Just now, BangkokReady said:

A lot of people are unable to comprehend that non-Western cultures are wildly different to our own.

Nope, they are very similar , Adults paying Children for sex is illegal in Western cultures and its illegal in Thailand as well 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Very little difference. Most Thais think it is wrong too.

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Nope, they are very similar , Adults paying Children for sex is illegal in Western cultures and its illegal in Thailand as well 

Sorry, how does this relate to what I actually wrote?  I didn't mention children, nor sex, paid or otherwise.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

No.  Check again, please.

Just checked and it is what we are talking about .

Adults paying Children (under 18's) for sex is the subject , as one poster has been doing that 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Just checked and it is what we are talking about .

Adults paying Children (under 18's) for sex is the subject , as one poster has been doing that 

JFC.  I'm not sure how anyone can actually be this dense, but I guess this explains a lot of your previous posts.

What do you mean "we are talking about"?  I replied to one poster who was responding to another, talking about a particular point.  Not related to children or sex (not that all under 18s are children anyway).

As I said, please check again (and when I say check again, I mean check what was actually being discussed, not what you think some people on the thread are talking about).

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

JFC.  I'm not sure how anyone can actually be this dense, but I guess this explains a lot of your previous posts.

What do you mean "we are talking about"?  I replied to one poster who was responding to another, talking about a particular point.  Not related to children or sex (not that all under 18s are children anyway).

As I said, please check again (and when I say check again, I mean check what was actually being discussed, not what you think some people on the thread are talking about).

The last 3 pages are about sex with 16yos and above.

• Confused 1

You've heard many Thais take issue with 16 year olds living away from their parents?

Are you playing games? We are discussing adults having relations with younger people.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, susanlea said:

The last 3 pages are about sex with 16yos and above.

That doesn't mean that the comment I responded to said that.  Why would you think it does?

Why not just read the actual comment?

Weird people on this thread.  🙄

• Like 1

That doesn't mean that the comment I responded to said that.  Why would you think it does?

Why not just read the actual comment?

Weird people on this thread.  🙄

Your posts are weird. 

• Confused 1

Just now, susanlea said:

Are you playing games? We are discussing adults having relations with younger people.

What are you talking about?  The comment I responded to was about 16 year olds not living with their parents.

Why not read the actual comment before replying?  That would save a lot of hassle.  🙄

• Like 1

Just now, susanlea said:

Your posts are weird. 

How so?

Someone mentioned 16 year olds not living with their parents, I commented on that, you failed to understand a simple comment, then made a fool of yourself.  Nothing weird about me pointing that out to you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

OK, What was you discussing ?

We may have gotton crossed wires .

What topic was you talking about ?

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

OK, What was you discussing ?

We may have gotton crossed wires .

What topic was you talking about ?

16 year olds not living with their parents.  It's a lot more common in Thailand than in the West, but many don't realise this cultural difference.