Whats the legal age of consent in Thailand. Its confusing.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:
On 5/19/2024 at 7:41 AM, GinBoy2 said:

The sad part of this, no 18 yo female is sexually 'interested' in a 40+ yo male, thats just not how nature works. 

She see's him as an ATM and he is getting his ego stroked

Win win then.

People just like to try and find a negative because they don't like the idea of someone else being happy. 

He's probably getting more than his ego stroked.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 5:23 AM, susanlea said:

It really is simple to understand

15 to 17 legal for 15 to 17 only

18+ legal for 18+ only

That's what all the websites say and what Thai law says.

So, only school boys can have sex with 16 & 17 year olds girls. 

Some would say it's prejudice or discrimination. 

I'm not bothered with the smelly young one's, my 26yo gf is perfect for me, she always smells like a flower. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 1

On 5/22/2024 at 11:49 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

So, only school boys can have sex with 16 & 17 year olds girls. 

Some would say it's prejudice or discrimination. 

I'm not bothered with the smelly young one's, my 26yo gf is perfect for me, she always smells like a flower. 

how old are you may I ask?

13 hours ago, advancebooking said:

how old are you may I ask?

Why are you asking personal questions?

Anyway, when I was 21yo I had a 17yo gf.

I would be breaking the law.

Girls mature at a much younger age to boys, my gf would always tell me that boys her age act like children. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Why are you asking personal questions?

Presumably, they want to know the age difference between you and the 26 year old adult you are with so they can judge you for it.

People get a little carried away with this anti age gap stuff. I think people wish they could date a much younger girl, but they can't, so they don't want others too either.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Presumably, they want to know the age difference between you and the 26 year old adult you are with so they can judge you for it.

People get a little carried away with this anti age gap stuff. I think people wish they could date a much younger girl, but they can't, so they don't want others too either.

Yes, they were also my thoughts, thanks. 

On 5/11/2024 at 10:39 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Well all you have to do is look it up, them, as I did, several times, to confirm the content and accuracy of my posts. The information is easily found from many different credible sources.  The question was "What is the legal age of consent in Thailand" - it is 15.  The OP did not present any qualifying conditions.

Jai yen, yen, Lou. There is no reason for you to take offense. I was giving my own opinion based on my background reading on Thailand culture. I do not represent myself as a Thai lawyer nor expert on the subject matter. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2024 at 7:49 AM, BangkokReady said:

People just like to try and find a negative because they don't like the idea of someone else being happy. 

Happy silent meals? These age gap couples never really look "happy" to me. More like they are barely tolerating each others presence.

Edited by JimTripper

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 10:49 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Why when the legal age of consent for sex is 15, which it is?

You need to to understand that Thai law makes a distinction between laws regulating sexual activity, as outlined in the Penal Code, and laws governing marriage and family matters, detailed in the Civil and Commercial Code. The legal age for consenting to sexual activities is set at 15. Legal adulthood, on the other hand, is acknowledged from the age of 20 onward. While the minimum age for marriage consent is established at 17.

But isn't there a law about "taking a 15-17 year old away from parent or guardian for indecent/lewd acts even with consent" or something like that?

I am sure there was a few cases of that recently where farang got into legal trouble. Can't remember the exact wording though.

Edited by FruitPudding

3 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Happy silent meals? These age gap couples never really look "happy" to me. More like they are barely tolerating each others presence.

Have you seen same-age Thai couples out eating? Mostly they just sit on their phones.

I understand why you and others would try to apply Western dating standards to this because you don't like it, but it doesn't really work.

On 5/20/2024 at 10:49 AM, BangkokReady said:

Abusing minors won't bring happiness. If an adult can't find happiness elsewhere there is something wrong with them.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

Have you seen same-age Thai couples out eating? Mostly they just sit on their phones.

I understand why you and others would try to apply Western dating standards to this because you don't like it, but it doesn't really work.

They do that everywhere. It's a big red flag most of the time. I can tell the difference between a "comfortable silence" and a "silent meal". The ones I see in many tourist locations in Thailand are the "silent meals". It's due to the fact that it's often a transactional relationship. There's nothing much in common. The language barrier to a much lesser extent.

Edited by JimTripper

1 hour ago, susanlea said:

Abusing minors won't bring happiness. If an adult can't find happiness elsewhere there is something wrong with them.

You seem to really want people to be "abusing minors". It's kind of weird.

33 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Pretty common in Thailand.

Yes, but they are not happy. It's something else. Smiling and interacting is probably a universal sign of happiness. Unless you want to disagree and mention some tribe somewhere where ignoring your partner makes you happy.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Yes, but they are not happy. It's something else. Smiling and interacting is probably a universal sign of happiness. Unless you want to disagree and mention some tribe somewhere where ignoring your partner makes you happy.

Probably not made as "emotionally happy" as we like to think people in Western relationships are, but that's just how things are for most people in Thailand. It's more about provision than "love".

Storybook love and romance is a very Western concept. That's why you can't really apply Western cultural norms to a non-Western culture.

Edited by BangkokReady

I don't think I've even mentioned it, let alone defended it.

I think you might be lying. 🤔

Do you think adults should date 16yos? Just answer yes or no.

• Confused 1

Probably not made as "emotionally happy" as we like to think people in Western relationships are, but that's just how things are for most people in Thailand. It's more about provision than "love".

Storybook love and romance is a very Western concept. That's why you can't really apply Western cultural norms to a non-Western culture.

No wonder I'm having problems meeting the "right" kind of partner here.

18 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

No wonder I'm having problems meeting the "right" kind of partner here.

Sometimes it seems like the right kind of partner in Thailand is either a girl who is beautiful enough or a guy who is rich enough.  😆

But who knows?  Don't give up hope.

59 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

We aren't talking about 18 years olds though . 

Yeah, it seems like there's a weird group of guys obsessed with the idea of men dating minors, when this post is about an 18 year old and a 40 year old.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, it seems like there's a weird group of guys obsessed with the idea of men dating minors, when this post is about an 18 year old and a 40 year old.

In TH, an 18 year old IS a minor.

Anyone, especially a 40 yr old that needs to ask the age of consent, when thinking about having sex with a 'minor', someone, that could easily be the same age as his daughter, if having, needs a morality check.  IMHO

OP should try dating adults ... oh wait, they probably wouldn't  have anything to do with him ... IMHO

image.png.10734078ca58adbcaa37fff4d0293f3e.png

Edited by KhunLA