Best mail forwarding service from US to Thailand?

Hi,

I was looking to buy OnePlus 12 but it's not available here. I guess the best option is to send from US? Any reliable and fast mail forwarding service you can recommend?

Thanks a lot in advance.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I've used two services lately:

Planet Express based in Southern California and has their website by that name, a service that I liked and used for a long time, but ceased using a year ago when they had a long string of having my economy shipping packages go astray. They do also offer a full range of shipping methods, and a person could probably avoid the non-delivery risk by opting for delivery via FedEx or DHL. But the shipping rate's gonna be more expensive, and Thai Customs on this end likely will add on VAT and potentially a Customs duty charge as well.

Though to set up a NEW account with Planet Express, a person would have to go thru the process of filling out and submitting USPS mail forwarding documentation to PE in order for them to activate your account. That's a standard USPS requirement.

More recently, I've been using a service called WeShippingUSA, which is run by Thais and operates via Facebook. They only have two options:

1. ocean shipping that takes about 3 months and has a flat rate of 300b per kilo, no extra charges except for local EMS mail delivery to your home here, or

2. air freight handling, which takes about 2 weeks and has a flat rate of 800b per kilo, no extra charges except for local EMS mail delivery to your home here.

(No extra charges meaning no added risk for VAT or Customs duty. Their fee is all-inclusive.)

In both options with WeShippingUSA, thru dozens of orders, thus far, they have a perfect delivery record for my stuff, though occasionally they run a couple days behind schedule for their ultimate delivery times here. Payment is via Thai bank transfer to their account here.

Another option, if you have family or similar back in the U.S., would be to have the purchased phone delivered to them, and they could re-mail it to you here in Thailand using one of several USPS International mail options, which could be insured. The package would then be delivered here via ThaiPost.

And in either case for Planet Express or WeShippingUSA, they would be able to handle the shipping of a newly purchased mobile phone, so long as the lithium battery is packed inside the phone, and not separate outside.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1