Extension visa in Bangkok: last news, please

Hello,

My 60 days tourist e-visa will expire on May 24. I want to extend it for 30 days:

1.) So, with a visa or e-visa, extension is made at Government Complex, not IT square ?

2.) Is the TM30 always needed ? It seems impossible to get a photocopy from my actual Airbnb owner...

3.) Some new things I should know ?

Thank you!

You attend CW.

IT LakSi for those with visa exempt entry.

Most likely you require a TM30.

Obviously TM7 printed double sided with photo.

Basic photocopies of pp.

1900b 

8 hours ago, anotherfarangishere said:

2.) Is the TM30 always needed ? It seems impossible to get a photocopy from my actual Airbnb owner...

That's because most Airbnb owners don't file a TM30.

You may have to book into a reputable hotel for one night to get a TM30 filed.

2 hours ago, Upnotover said:

1).  Yes.

2).  Not always but how to predict?  I did 2 tourist extensions not long ago, 1 for me, 1 for my gf.  I was not asked for a TM30.  She was.

3).  I did these as "e-extensions" via VFS.  If it's worth it or not is up to you. https://thaiextension.vfsevisa.com/

Thank you, especially for 3, I didn't know. I'm going to check it.

27 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

That's because most Airbnb owners don't file a TM30.

You may have to book into a reputable hotel for one night to get a TM30 filed.

Well, he did and sent it to me. But I didn't see it because it has changed: before it was on a website and now, it's on an app (if I'm correct). So, I got 3 smartphone small pictures instead of one big desktop picture, I'm afraid one time printed it's not going to be great... Did someone already get this new TM 30 from the application?

Posted (edited)

I extended my 30 day stamp at IT Laksi a few weeks ago...British nationality, English ethnicity and dressed like a spiv

1. Only non-visa extensions at Laksi. I observed a few people with TR visas being re-directed to CW

2. I filed a TM30 online myself, a couple of days before, but it was not mentioned. Neither were the 20k cash or onward ticket

3. New to me were the 2 extra forms to fill in. They are declarations related to overstay, working etc. Next time I'll pre-print & complete to save my arthritic fingers from a beating

Edited by GanDoonToonPet
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

All right, just realised that I've still some TM7 hidden in my backpack but I'm short of photo 😞

1. There was at least two photocopies/photo shot shops at CW before: still there?

2. My TM7 photocopy is not recto verso but I'm sure I already used it without any problem on two sheets of papers before. True, it was at IT Square, not CW... What do you think?

3. Are the two extra forms to fill also asked at CW for visa extension? I've just downloaded them from the immigration website if I didn't make mistake, should be "Form-Acknowledgement-of-Overstay-Penalties.pdf" and "Form-STM2.pdf" ?
4. Of course, passport photocopies...

I should go to CW on Tuesday, or maybe Monday: I can't find any public holiday during this next week.

Edited by anotherfarangishere

1. There was at least two photocopies/photo shot shops at CW before: still there?

2. My TM7 photocopy is not recto verso but I'm sure I already used it without any problem on two sheets of papers before. True, it was at IT Square, not CW... What do you think?

3. Are the two extra forms to fill also asked at CW for visa extension? I've just downloaded them from the immigration website if I didn't make mistake, should be "Form-Acknowledgement-of-Overstay-Penalties.pdf" and "Form-STM2.pdf" ?
4. Of course, passport photocopies.

There are photo and copy shops in the basement. I don't think they'd like your two-sheet TM7, but I can't tell you with confidence that they won't accept it either. You've got the correct two extra forms. 

There was at least two photocopies/photo shot shops at CW before: still there?

Yes.

On the spot takes one minute.

4 photos = 100baht

13 hours ago, Caldera said:

There are photo and copy shops in the basement. I don't think they'd like your two-sheet TM7, but I can't tell you with confidence that they won't accept it either. You've got the correct two extra forms. 

I found a print shop near my Airbnb and they made a recto verso for my TM7. Thank you for your comment.

• Thumbs Up 1