Unprecedented: Oceans' Record Heat Streak Surges to 13 Months

14 hours ago, KhunLA said:

All you CC & MMCC believing folks out there got solar at the house yet ?

Still driving those fossil fuel air polluting ICEV.  Spilling that crap on land and sea to get to the refineries to pollute more air and land, then transporting it and polluting every where it goes.

Stop talking, start doing .. what do they say, you're either part of the solution, or the problem.

Which are you ?

Given the cost of an EV, the only way I'll ever have one of those if it's a mobility scooter.

Till then I'm driving on petrol and happy to do so.

NZ probably pollutes less, with all it's cars added together, in a year than London does in a week.

An EV will be a rarity here, IMO, but I don't live in that cesspit Auckland, the home of the luvvies.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given the cost of an EV, the only way I'll ever have one of those if it's a mobility scooter.

NZ probably pollutes less, with all it's cars added together, in a year than London does in a week.

An EV will be a rarity here, IMO, but I don't live in that cesspit Auckland, the home of the luvvies.

Question #1...why is AKL a cesspool

Question #2...What is a 'luvvie'

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So you want everyone to pay more taxes (carbon bla bla bla) to solve the problem, but not willing to spend your money on the problem, or make scarifies for what you believe, for future generations.

Don't need a car, could just get an E-MC.

You're in NZ ?  Thought you were in UK.

Me, I just have solar & EV to save money, and to be independent & spiteful of big oil & PEA.  Steady current at the house saves my electronics also, hopefully.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

So you want everyone to pay more taxes (carbon bla bla bla) to solve the problem, but not willing to spend your money on the problem, or make scarifies for what you believe, for future generations.

You're in NZ ?  Thought you were in UK.

Me, I just have solar & EV to save money, and to be independent & spiteful of big oil & PEA.  Steady current at the house saves my electronics also, hopefully.

Where on earth did you get the idea that I want to "solve the problem by more taxes"? Who have you been confusing me with? I think it's all made up BS to make Elon and his fellow 1% rich.

I don't think it's possible to change the weather, so I don't care about doing anything, as nothing we do will make a difference, IMO.

I made the only sacrifice for the future worth a damn- I didn't have any children. I probably make less pollution than you too, as I recycle as much as possible, and I rarely use my car. I even have an electric scooter to go to town on. My electricity is generated by hydro. I do none of that to "save the planet". I'd do it anyway.

Haven't been in the UK since 2009 when I moved to Thailand.

I never had a vehicle of my own there as public transport is good enough. Likewise in Thailand, though in Lamphun I used my wife's m'bike as non existent local public transport.

What are you blathering about? how would I transport 6 sacks of dirt on a m'bike? I moved several 3 meter planks recently, so how would I do that on a m'bike? I picked up 4 large shopping bags of kiwifruit rejects from a farmer I know the other day. How would I carry them on a m'bike?

You have no idea what I carry around in my car, or what I use it for.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Where on earth did you get the idea that I want to "solve the problem by more taxes"? Who have you been confusing me with? I think it's all made up BS to make Elon and his fellow 1% rich.

I don't think it's possible to change the weather, so I don't care about doing anything, as nothing we do will make a difference, IMO.

I made the only sacrifice for the future worth a damn- I didn't have any children. I probably make less pollution than you too, as I recycle as much as possible, and I rarely use my car. I even have an electric scooter to go to town on. My electricity is generated by hydro. I do none of that to "save the planet". I'd do it anyway.

Haven't been in the UK since 2009 when I moved to Thailand.

I never had a vehicle of my own there as public transport is good enough. Likewise in Thailand, though in Lamphun I used my wife's m'bike as non existent local public transport.

What are you blathering about? how would I transport 6 sacks of dirt on a m'bike? I moved several 3 meter planks recently, so how would I do that on a m'bike? I picked up 4 large shopping bags of kiwifruit rejects from a farmer I know the other day. How would I carry them on a m'bike?

You have no idea what I carry around in my car, or what I use it for.

I realized that after I posted, got distracted ... oops

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, thainet said:

Question #1...why is AKL a cesspool

Question #2...What is a 'luvvie'

Have you ever been to Auckland? If you have you'd know. IMO it should be bulldozed into the ocean, and good riddance.

A "luvvie" thinks they are saving the planet by driving an EV. In Auckland they ignore that the the electricity they use to charge them comes from Huntly, which burns dirty coal from overseas because the last lot banned us using cleaner NZ coal.

15 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

A "luvvie" thinks they are saving the planet by driving an EV. In Auckland they ignore that the the electricity they use to charge them comes from Huntly, which burns dirty coal from overseas because the last lot banned us using cleaner NZ coal.

The electricity sector in New Zealand uses mainly renewable energy, such as hydropower, geothermal power and increasingly wind energy. As of 2021, the country generated 81.2% of its electricity from renewable sources.