Community helps local vendor after motorcycle theft

snoop1130

Benz-Niratchai-transformed.jpg

A video posted on Facebook by Benz Niratchai showed a community effort to halt a motorcycle thief in the Lat Phrao 64 area of Bangkok. The thief had stolen a red and white Wave 110 motorcycle from Duang, a local grilled pork seller.

Duang shared the details of the incident online. She stated that the theft happened at around 5 am on May 8, two days prior to her post. Duang was preparing her pork stall for the day when she went to get a lighter from under her motorbike's seat, accidentally leaving the keys in the ignition.

She noticed two teenagers opposite her stall and heard one say, "I'll go get it." Thinking they were potential customers, she was startled to see them cross the road, start her motorcycle, and speed away.

A delivery rider who was passing by heard Duang's cries for help and began chasing the thieves, capturing a video of the incident in the process. Despite their best efforts, the pursuit ended when the criminals disappeared near Nawamin along the Lat Phrao Road.

Local police from Wang Thonglang station warned Duang that it could be tough to apprehend the culprits due to factors such as the high-speed chase, limited CCTV coverage in the area, and the likelihood of the thieves' vehicle having fake plates.

In addition to her stolen bike, Duang lost her mobile phone, cash, and personal documents like her ID and driver's license, which were kept in the motorcycle. The theft was particularly disheartening for Duang. She sells grilled pork skewers for only 10 baht each, and the loss makes her monthly 3,300 baht installment for the motorcycle even harder to meet. She was especially near to clearing the debt, with only seven payments remaining.

Duang made an appeal for anyone who may come across her black and red Honda Wave 125i with the license plate 4ขห 8379 Bangkok to report it to the authorities.

Photo courtesy of The Thaiger

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-10

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, JoePai said:

The thief had stolen a red and white Wave 110

555 no taste   :cheesy:

So.  Whether you are a sad bastard or not is not relevant.  But what is - will you donate to the repurchase of a motoby for the lady?

1 hour ago, JoePai said:

The thief had stolen a red and white Wave 110

555 no taste   :cheesy:

Oh, when I started reading your post, I thought you were offering to send money to help this unfortunate lady.