Mah Jong Solataire keeping my brain sharp after retirement - here's hoping!

Diet, physical activity and human interaction is imperative for a healthy brain and body. Staring at a television is probably one of the worst things to do to a brain, we don’t have one those things in our home. I’m never bored, always busy with something whether I’m out and about meeting strangers, swimming, walking in the hills leaning about various species or helping the wife with her business. I like the challenge of strategy for the day and week ahead. Poor diet is probably the worst thing for the brain as well, sugar, high amounts of carbohydrates, alcohol and tobacco, all brain poison. 

2 hours ago, RT555 said:

And most of all - keep away from all the Hippocrates

So anyone who took the Hippocratic oath - basically  a doctor? You're saying stay away from all the medical professionals?

You wouldn't be meaning "hypocrites" by any chance? 😀

On 5/12/2024 at 4:38 AM, nglodnig said:

Yeah but I can't walk about all the time with a stiff willie. 😀

Exercise yes I do minimum half hour bicycling every day but keeping the brain active is a major if not THE major key.

Listening to experts, exercise not only increases blood flow to the muscles but also to the brain.  Some international studies have found various methods of exercise that can stem the progress of dementia sothat one doesn't reach Alzheimer's.  Yes, just like studying another language or other mental exercises increase the Synapses within the brain, thus helping to prevent Alzheimer's.  DIet can also affect the health of one's brain, the proof is out there.