Qatar flyers - A380- Upstairs/Downstairs?

Posted (edited)

Guys,

Off this coming week, a quick overnight in Nana Plaza area and then Thursday evening I am flying off to cooler temperatures for a while, and looking forward to it, provided the tropical storms don't begin back end of this week in Bangkok.

The heat up here has begun to grind me down.

Anyway, for any Qatar frequent flyers, I am on the A380 on two legs of the flight in economy and the other two legs in business, so no problems there.

I don't mind economy class on the big planes such as A380, well, I can live with it.

A question has come up though, I have flown in the upstairs small cabin but a long time ago, so I cannot recall how we disembarked.

These days, I usually opt for the lower deck front cabin near the stairs for business class, window seat in the first exit rows 40, in the 3-3-3 configuration. A tall cabin, heightwise, with great legroom and cosy feeling and atmosphere.

These seats ensure you are lively off the plane.

A few have gone online saying I would be better off going upstairs, into the smaller cabin, and seeking seat 30 in the 2-4-2 configuration, where they say there is a lot more room, and is near enough Premium economy standard.

Views are mixed how quickly you disembark from the upstairs cabin, with some saying you follow business class and are off quickly, others say you must go down the rear staircase and it is a slow process.

That would be important to me on the DOH-BKK leg of the flight, as I don't want a massive queue at Immigration with me at the back of it, because we arrive early afternoon.

Have any Qatar frequent flyers done these seating arrangements I am referring to? If so, what are your views, please?

Edited by Scouse123
improve grammar

The upstairs economy is good, 2019 I think I last was in that area. disembarked, just back downstairs and through economy. These some of these seats upstairs were priced at about £70/3000 baht on someones recent booking. Not a problem if you have the Gold Tier PC.

51 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

others say you must go down the rear staircase and it is a slow process.

Yes

Immigration queue could be large anyway if there is another 380 or a few 777's arriving 10-20 mins ahead of your flight.

Used the front cabin, but no specific seat. It did feel that the Qatar front cabin was slightly more crowded in comparison with the Emirates front lower cabin, but my comparison is well dated now. Center of forward cabin outboard aisle seats do me fine on Qatar.

Been a Qatar Loyalist since they started flying out of EDI, but apparently Emirates are coming back later in the year from EDI. My Silver card just lapsed 🤨

Flip a coin 😀

• Thanks 1

If it's a dual jet bridge the upper deck economy section will get off using the upper level door, so behind a maximum of 56 First and Business Class passengers.  It is supposed to be a better economy experience upstairs.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1