Thailand Unveils 10-Year Visa to Attract Top Global Talent

webfact

11 hours ago, jimgilly said:

Can you explain more about how the 50,000 baht for ten years works as I've never heard of this being an option.  I currently have a retirement visa with 800,000 baht plus in one of my bank accounts to qualify for it. 

ltr.boi.go.th do it yourself

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, sabaiguy said:

ltr.boi.go.th do it yourself

Went to the website and did not see anything pertaining to 50,000 baht for ten years, nevermind an explanation how it would work if it does exist so where is a direct link or is this another case of false info being put out on the forum?

4 hours ago, jimgilly said:

Went to the website and did not see anything pertaining to 50,000 baht for ten years, nevermind an explanation how it would work if it does exist so where is a direct link or is this another case of false info being put out on the forum?

It's on the very first page of the website under "Application Process Overview", see #3.  Maybe they took my 50,000 baht and gave me a fake LTR Visa!

18 hours ago, sabaiguy said:

It's on the very first page of the website under "Application Process Overview", see #3.  Maybe they took my 50,000 baht and gave me a fake LTR Visa!

Don't you still have to qualify under one of the 4 options 1)  wealthy global citizen  2)  wealthy pensioner  3) work from Thailand professional  or 4) high skilled professional?  If so, then this 50,000 baht for 10 years is just another requirement to pay a "processing fee" for the privilege of allowing you to stay in Thailand.

8 hours ago, jimgilly said:

Don't you still have to qualify under one of the 4 options 1)  wealthy global citizen  2)  wealthy pensioner  3) work from Thailand professional  or 4) high skilled professional?  If so, then this 50,000 baht for 10 years is just another requirement to pay a "processing fee" for the privilege of allowing you to stay in Thailand.

Absolutely you have to qualify just like any other visa.  Call it a "processing fee" if you want.  What's your problem with that.  Best retirement visa available.  Thinking maybe you don't qualify.

16 hours ago, sabaiguy said:

Absolutely you have to qualify just like any other visa.  Call it a "processing fee" if you want.  What's your problem with that.  Best retirement visa available.  Thinking maybe you don't qualify.

Read my initial post where I made a comment about the marriage and retirement visa ie, 400k and 800k baht requirements, and then you jumped in making it sound like these two visas did have a longer than 1 year option.  I wasted time going back and forth with you thinking there was maybe something I was missing.  There was not as you turned out to be the typical expat I try to avoid who thinks he knows a lot more than he actually does.  If you can't provide helpful information, then stop posting on the forum.  

Also, if you could read, I am not the one calling it a "processing fee".   That is what they call it at ltr.boi.go.th.   End of discussion.

8 hours ago, jimgilly said:

Read my initial post where I made a comment about the marriage and retirement visa ie, 400k and 800k baht requirements, and then you jumped in making it sound like these two visas did have a longer than 1 year option.  I wasted time going back and forth with you thinking there was maybe something I was missing.  There was not as you turned out to be the typical expat I try to avoid who thinks he knows a lot more than he actually does.  If you can't provide helpful information, then stop posting on the forum.  

Also, if you could read, I am not the one calling it a "processing fee".   That is what they call it at ltr.boi.go.th.   End of discussion.

You're the one who was unable to read the website correctly.  End of discussion.