He became "jaded" after tipping

On 5/15/2024 at 2:30 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Yes a simple solution...BUT ...what if someone may DESERVE a tip ?

<snip>

Nobody deserves a tip. The practice of tipping is a pernicious innovation by American rent-seekers, who refuse to pay their workers a living wage. Some workers become so desperate for food they accept work that pays too little, but they don't deserve my money. They deserve a raise.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Acharn said:

Nobody deserves a tip. The practice of tipping is a pernicious innovation by American rent-seekers, who refuse to pay their workers a living wage. Some workers become so desperate for food they accept work that pays too little, but they don't deserve my money. They deserve a raise.

If Thai wages were doubled then the cost of everything goes up and less people visit Thailand.

1 minute ago, susanlea said:

If Thai wages were doubled then the cost of everything goes up and less people visit Thailand.

So?

On 5/15/2024 at 2:14 PM, georgegeorgia said:

How does one define the word "jaded "

I describe it as becoming bitter but as I sit here on a sunbed in the rain I'm thinking of the poem a sunburnt country I think by Banjo Patterson ...but please let me get on with the story ! 

A farang last night told me for weeks yes we weeks not months not years but weeks...he had been going to the same group of motorbike taxi drivers outside his Condo building and using their services , apparently the fare was around 60 b and he gave them 100 a effective distinction of 40 baht tip .

Now come yesterday and please I'm not 100 per cent sure of the exact time so please don't quote me ...that he walked to the motorbike taxi stand and had a 1000 baht note or 40 baht , he apparently or should we be legal and say ... allegedly....asked the SAME group if they would take him for 40 baht as he would have to change the 1000 baht !

To put it point blankly ( if there is such a word !) they refused 

Leaving this belated bitter man to walk to a 711 to change it 

Now please I don't know why he couldn't of changed it on the way ....but....but ....he no longer tips , he has become jaded they don't REMEMBER, you understand....they didn't remember his kindness ,his devotion and his love 💕 for them

And PLEASE may I ...may I quote many who say they went to a particular bar and DID NOT once tip as this "jaded " situation that they never received the service they normally got? Would that be fair to say in front of a jury ?

Unfortunately that is the nature of the beast, I think many Thai's see kindness as a weakness.

12 hours ago, Acharn said:

This

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2024 at 2:14 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Now please I don't know why he couldn't of changed it on the way ....but....but ....he no longer tips , he has become jaded they don't REMEMBER, you understand....they didn't remember his kindness ,his devotion and his love 💕 for them

jesus H... nothing better to do?

watch last sunday's 'simpsons' episode, you'll get all the answers you are looking for, or maybe you did and this is why you come up with this genius brainstorm.

anyways, the topic is TIPPING and homer has to move because he is so JADED because of tipping

Edited by Pouatchee

I use the same motor taxi outside my condo tip 10 and they always seem to watch.  Also use the same groups of taxis and tip them always get great service and have had them no charge a couple of times

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

I use the same motor taxi outside my condo tip 10 and they always seem to watch.  Also use the same groups of taxis and tip them always get great service and have had them no charge a couple of times

That Sir...is pure love.

Pray Eat ...I forget the third word ..but thankyou for your lovely contribution 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

jesus H... nothing better to do?

watch last sunday's 'simpsons' episode, you'll get all the answers you are looking for, or maybe you did and this is why you come up with this genius brainstorm.

anyways, the topic is TIPPING and homer has to move because he is so JADED because of tipping

Why don't you follow the laws of the universe instead of watching the Simpsons in which now your 80 you were watching every night in your 50's and that Sir is pure love 😘 thankyou