Returning After Surgery

Returning on the 2nd June 2024.

I received advice from this forum on how to do it, but would just like to check to see the information I was given is still current. Thanks.

Screenshot_20240516_085801_Gallery.thumb.jpg.53993f9740558357afe5b4096b827db6.jpg

Yes, or maybe better get the non-O before leaving.  Easy to do online (in most countries) and saves the onward ticket nonsense as well as one trip to immigration.  And I'm sure you already know to have THB 800k in the bank.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Yes, or maybe better get the non-O before leaving.  Easy to do online (in most countries) and saves the onward ticket nonsense as well as one trip to immigration.  And I'm sure you already know to have THB 800k in the bank.

My 0 visa retirement extension ran out while I was away. I have had the B800000 in the bank forever.

I'm a bit worried about this return airticket I have to purchase then cancel before I fly. How does this work exactly?

2 minutes ago, carlyai said:

I'm a bit worried about this return airticket I have to purchase then cancel before I fly. How does this work exactly?

If you are referring to rent a ticket you don't cancel it. It's cancelled automatically.

As mentioned in the advice in the OP obtain the flight day prior.

Check out the site.

"onwardticket.com" 

11 minutes ago, carlyai said:

My 0 visa retirement extension ran out while I was away. I have had the B800000 in the bank forever.

Yes, so you will need a new single non-O to restart the extension process.  My suggestion is to get it in your country before leaving, that's precisely what I did recently, non-O single e-visa was granted in 4 days.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, carlyai said:

If you have airline miles saved up,  you have another option.  Book your 29th day (remembering that your arrival day is day 1 of 30) ticket for someplace cheap on that airline or a partner.  Cancel it after arrival to Thailand, most airlines will fully refund the miles back into your account as well as the money for the taxes to your credit card (check your airline policy on cancels first!).

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

My suggestion is to get it in your country before leaving,....

OP, this is best option.

BTW, which immigration office will you be using if you decide on visa exempt and obtain non O at immigration. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, this is best option.

BTW, which immigration office will you be using if you decide on visa exempt and obtain non O at immigration. 

I use Kalasin immigration office.

2 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Yes, so you will need a new single non-O to restart the extension process.  My suggestion is to get it in your country before leaving, that's precisely what I did recently, non-O single e-visa was granted in 4 days.

Thanks Upnotover. 

Sorry for my ignorance, but is this the visa where you need to have the medical insurance as well?

If it is I don't want that visa as I self insure in Thailand and have full private insurance outside Thailand, so anything major I use my private insurance outside Thailand.

2 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Sorry for my ignorance, but is this the visa where you need to have the medical insurance as well?

No.

You are thinking on non O-A.

For a Non O retirement or marriage No insurance requirements 

24 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Thanks Upnotover. 

If it is I don't want that visa as I self insure in Thailand and have full private insurance outside Thailand, so anything major I use my private insurance outside Thailand.

As above no. It is the same non-O that you would get at immigration before you extend. Getting it at home saves you the trip to immigration, you'll only need 1 trip for the extension at the end of the 90 days entry you'll get.

I believe the OP is an AU national.

The Thai Embassy Sydney recommends applying 1 month before the date of intended travel.
He states he plans to arrive on 2nd June, just over 2 weeks away.

Anyone any recent experience of how long to process a Non O visa by the Thai Embassy, Sydney, assuming all documents and the application are correctly filed.

2 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

I believe the OP is an AU national.

This guy @Pattaya57 recently obtained a non O based on retirement at Sydney Thai embassy.

(I believe) 

He could post up to date process time. 

Off topic: Might be useful to AU folk. Recently renewed my Oz pp. Embassy recommended allow 6 weeks. 

Did it via mail and was 20 day turn around including postage time. 

• Like 1

Upnotover said: 'non-O single e-visa was granted in 4 days.'

I think I will try for this also.

If the e-visa takes longer, I can always do the visa on arrival I hope.

Thanks again Upnotover. 🙂

7 minutes ago, carlyai said:

If the e-visa takes longer, I can always do the visa on arrival I hope.

It's not a visa on arrival, it's visa exempt entry (no visa required).

• Thumbs Up 1

If you have to buy an onward ticket out of Thailand, just book a full fare business class ticket to a nearby destination, and pay it with your credit card. As soon as you arrive in Bangkok, cancel it, and if it is a full fare / no restrictions ticket, I believe you can get a full refund from the airline. Pay it with your credit card, and depending on your billing cycle, the refund will appear on the same statement as the charge for the ticket. I did it once, and it worked.

• Thumbs Up 1

As it's a bit close to departure time for flight back to Thailand I decided to go the visa on arrival route.

See how it goes.

Thanks everyone for comments.