Assange Wins Appeal Against US Extradition Order: Legal Battle Continues

1 hour ago, RayC said:

The first court found Pirate Bay guilty, the Swedish Appeal Court upheld the verdict, the ECJ confirmed the verdict and, in a separate case, a UK court reached a similar conclusion.

Do you believe all these courts were following the same political motivated agenda? It all sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jun/15/pirate-bay-european-court-of-justice-rules-infringing-copyright-torrent-sites

Yes, well, as long as you follow due process, everything is legit....

So, by the same token

5 hours ago, RayC said:

As a general matter, copyright infringement occurs when a copyrighted work is reproduced, distributed, performed, publicly displayed, or made into a derivative work without the permission of the copyright owner."

, if I write write a name of the a movie, or a song, or a book, followed by 64 characters in my notebook, I am committing copyright infringement.  

Let me rewrite that for you:

As a general matter, copyright infringement is anything that RIAA deems to be copyright infringement.

The funny thing is, how did they know what was on TPB servers, the police raid earlier did not confiscate any TPB servers. Only some other companies and organizations like Piratbyrån, and their ISP.

1 hour ago, RayC said:

Oh yes, The Guardian, the people that created all this mess for Julian in the first place, by not redacting the source data from wikileaks.

And I certainly believe that the courts follow the agenda dictated by their governments.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

Yes, well, as long as you follow due process, everything is legit....

No due process is well ... a process. It does not say anything about guilt or innocence. 

So, by the same token

, if I write write a name of the a movie, or a song, or a book, followed by 64 characters in my notebook, I am committing copyright infringement.  

If by doing so it lead to people making millions of illegal downloads of movies, songs or books then you would leave yourself open to prosecution. However, I doubt that simply jotting down 64 characters in a notebook would result in illegal downloads taking place 

Let me rewrite that for you:

As a general matter, copyright infringement is anything that RIAA deems to be copyright infringement.

You can rewrite definitions as much and as often as you please. It is completely irrelevant. What counts is the legal definition(s) which I'm pretty certain doesn't mention RIAA.

The funny thing is, how did they know what was on TPB servers, the police raid earlier did not confiscate any TPB servers. Only some other companies and organizations like Piratbyrån, and their ISP.

I don't know and I don't understand what point you are trying to make.

There can be little doubt that Pirate Bay facilitated illegal downloads. This impinges on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR). I can only assume that you do not believe in IPR.

48 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

Oh yes, The Guardian, the people that created all this mess for Julian in the first place, by not redacting the source data from wikileaks.

And I certainly believe that the courts follow the agenda dictated by their governments.

Julian created this mess for Julian. He has demonstrated time and again that he does consider himself to be responsible and accountable for his actions. 

I would hope that the victims of Assange's alleged sexual crimes will get their day in court but, unfortunately, that now appears very unlikely.