Thaksin Advised Against Exerting Excess Behind-The-Scenes Power

webfact

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

He could have settled to the life of a retired grandfather, play with his grandchildren, and live in peace.

There are obvious examples of this phenomenon around the world, the most obvious being Trump and Biden.

Power is a very addictive drug.

12 hours ago, GrungthepGringo said:

The irony is that the kinds of things he is doing now are what caused the coup and him having to go into self imposed exile for 17 years. 

Then, he came back, got fully pardoned, freed to do whatever he wants, plus everyone in government and military has been extremely tolerant, and now he's acting as if he is still PM and as if nothing ever happened. So where is this all heading? 

Q. What has changed during this time?

A. IX to X.

Perhaps he is politically motivated..if he wants to be involved but is prohibited from politics - maybe he should get a hair cut and don the saffron robes.A man of his talents still has something left to give - give us your spirititual understanding- not your chinese state plans

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I think that you may find that you are in a minority here.

Lots of Thais that I speak to still support him. Always have and always will.

NB I do not speak to many ultra rich, generals or influencers.

There is huge support for him in the public arena, my wifes family love him, and Esan people still love him 

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

18 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

..and all the people we speak to in our area Hua Hin / Pranburi  seem to despise him ..   seems the majority wanted Thanathorn

oh wait.   he won didn't he ?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, DTL2014 said:

Perhaps he is politically motivated..if he wants to be involved but is prohibited from politics - maybe he should get a hair cut and don the saffron robes.A man of his talents still has something left to give - give us your spirititual understanding- not your chinese state plans

he should be making "license plates!"   ( as an example ... California license plates have been manufactured by inmates at Folsom State Prison)

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, billd766 said:

NO military coup government is better than a government freely elected by the Thai people.

Strangely Thaksin was freely elected, was the ONLY PM to complete his 4 year term, and was re-elected with an overall majority.

Can you say that about ANY military government?

freely elected ??   ha ha ha Hands Vote Buying Stock Vector | Adobe Stock

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

I remember that Thaksin , while still in Dubai , said all he wants after his return , is to play with his grandchildren and stay out pf politics .

Another lie from a professional liar .

Please , put him behind bars , that is the place where he belongs .

There are much more than just one reason to do this .

But any attempt to do so would probably make him sick again .

After his miraculous recovery when released from the police hospital , that would be no surprise anymore ...

Only good thing is that many Thais do not want to be fooled by him and his cronies anymore and will hopefully vote for another party on the next elections ...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.  they already did

23 hours ago, GarryP said:

I now live upcountry and not one person I have talked politics with support Thaksin anymore. Even former redshirts have had enough and seem to be moving orange. He is past his sell by date, but being the egotistical tw@t he is, he won't step away from his power obsession voluntarily.   

Calls for tough measures....

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Luuk Chaai said:

and the difference between a military gov vs a gov with a weaponized injustice dept using lawfare ?

It is the same justice department as it was under the last military coup government and has been for the last 10 years.

Edited by billd766
corrected some bad spelling
  • Confused 1

I would wager that the majority of the Thaksin obsessed haters on here are from Western democracies. 

In UK and US government policy is largely decided by outsiders. Unelected billionaire donors e. g. Big Pharma, Big Oil etc own the lawmakers who push through the legislation that their donors have paid for. So, with that in mind: Mr T is only following the practice of G8 governments. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2024 at 4:40 PM, dinsdale said:

Are you talking about the same Thaksin here? If you are I give you the award for being the most incorrect post I've seen on here today. Wait scrub that. The 2nd most incorrect. The article (although technically yesterday) about SQ321 must take 1st place. If your comment on the otherhand is tongue in cheek I suggest the use of an emoji to make it obvious.

No it's genuine. He's supporting the military now by joining them in government despite PT promising not to.

If you go back to the 2010 Redshirt protests he promised justice for those killed by the army. When PT were in power however he decided to protect the military and try to prosecute Abhisit and Suthep since they were rivals he wanted to get rid of. He based this on the fact that the army were only following the orders of the PM and his deputy given through the rules of engagement. Only, any reading of those rules would show that most if not all the killings were outside those rules. If you need any further proof then Robert Amsterdam, the lawyer for the Redshirts brought in Ray Whitty, formally of the US military  as an expert witness to give his opinion. His full report was still available not that long ago and may still be. Within it Ray Whitty states that the army was operating outside of the rules of engagement. That rather undermined Robert and I didn't hear much from him after that.

Still maybe the miraculously cured Thaksin will fight for that justice now he's back. If I hear anything on that I'll let you know, and you be sure to do the same.