Blocked/reserved table in food courts?

23 hours ago, scorecard said:

If there's already one person sitting at the table, many times I've politely asked, in Thai, if I can share the table. Never once been rejected.

Ultimately I don't see this as an issue, grow up folks, get a simple hobby. 

Agreed. Done it a couple of times recently (everything seems waaay fuller these days). Thais are extremely accomodating with a little politeness and a polite smile.

On 5/25/2024 at 10:59 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Do you also think the towel reservation is ok, and then not using it for hours?

I got no idea, as I never been to that kind of resorts with so few guest facilities that it is necessary to "reserve" a sun bed...:whistling:

Personally I would not do it, as I would never spend a day in a sunbed. The only place where I use a sunchair is when visiting Koh Nangyuan, and there are enough of them in nice shadow paired under a parasol, which is the reason for using the sunchair; and you pay for them as a pair, which I don't mind to do when using the shadow from the parasol...😎

On 5/26/2024 at 10:01 AM, KhunLA said:

You've never worked in restaurant ... roaches are a fact of life, even in the most posh venues.  Bluport probably has less, since newer build, and less vendors.   

Frequent both often, Bluport more due to Gourmet Markets and 'You Hunt, We Cook' as one of the best, reasonably priced 'beef steak' vendors.  Decent 'Mexican / wrap' vendor also, along with sweet tooth fixes.  

14 years old  worked cleanng tables  mopping up and hauling out the garbage all after school ..

yes roaches ,  and maggots and rats in the dumpster

never tried the  hunt and cook there....  I'll give it a go .  love a good steak

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Luuk Chaai said:

14 years old  worked cleanng tables  mopping up and hauling out the garbage all after school ..

yes roaches ,  and maggots and rats in the dumpster

never tried the  hunt and cook there....  I'll give it a go .  love a good steak

If they don't have anything interesting in their display case, go over to the meat counter, and pick up something from there.   I usually find 2 for 1 items, for a nice value.   If you have the M card, (get 1 if not) no charge for cooking.

If timed right, you can pick up cold beer, pay for it, return before food done.   Salad bar in the area, and soup counter there also.   Large bowls of soup, and partial to the chunky vegetable.   That, soup and steak is a major pig out.

Couple people recommended the pizza kiosk there, but haven't sampled.

Edited by KhunLA

6 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

If they don't have anything interesting in their display case, go over to the meat counter, and pick up something from there.   I usually find 2 for 1 items, for a nice value.   If you have the M card, (get 1 if not) no charge for cooking.

If timed right, you can pick up cold beer, pay for it, return before food done.   Salad bar in the area, and soup counter there also.   Large bowls of soup, and partial to the chunky vegetable.   That, soup and steak is a major pig out.

sounds great  thank you !

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Tops has a nice you-buy-we-fry gig going as well. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/26/2024 at 9:20 AM, Yellowtail said:

Likely not Thais putting the towels down at hotel pools. 

Russians, at the Pullman in Pattaya (Naklua).  10 in a row.,5 in a row,etc at 7:00 am.  Not a soul there.

They don't show up untill after 12:00.   

Haven't stayed there since.  To many Russians for my sanity.