Khon Kaen Immigration and Credit Advice from Banks

I would like to know if the Khon Kaen Immigration Office accepts a credit advice from banks as confirming an overseas transfer.

This is in regard to people that are using the 12 monthly transfer method to extend their marriage or retirement visa and do NOT have the FTT coding used by Bangkok Bank.

The coding in the bank book shows BTN code which stands for BahtNet system.

Thank you

7 hours ago, racyrick said:

I would like to know if the Khon Kaen Immigration Office accepts a credit advice from banks as confirming an overseas transfer.

This is in regard to people that are using the 12 monthly transfer method to extend their marriage or retirement visa and do NOT have the FTT coding used by Bangkok Bank.

Thank you

The immigration office should accept the credit receipt if it shows that the remittance came from abroad, but does it show this?

19 hours ago, racyrick said:

I take it you are having your (UK?) state pension payments paid directly to your Thai bank.

These payments are issued by Citibank to the Bank of Thailand, who then transfer it to your Thai bank.

Have you checked your Thai bank can issue a credit advice receipt, I'm not so sure if they can as they were not the initial receiving bank.
You may need an FET form (Foreign exchange transfer form) which are usually issued by the initial receiving bank.

If your bank statement has the code MCL0101#### you are OK ,this denotes foreign funds transfer from other bank with API system .

This has been accepted by my IO for the past four years after he checked, ….note , my own Bank didn’t know what this code was.

16 hours ago, Maestro said:

The immigration office should accept the credit receipt if it shows that the remittance came from abroad, but does it show this?

Yes it does. The whole point of a credit advice is to show where the transfer originated from. But I have heard both good and bad stories that's why I was hoping somebody had a recent experience on this issue.

4 hours ago, Liquorice said:

I take it you are having your (UK?) state pension payments paid directly to your Thai bank.

These payments are issued by Citibank to the Bank of Thailand, who then transfer it to your Thai bank.

Have you checked your Thai bank can issue a credit advice receipt, I'm not so sure if they can as they were not the initial receiving bank.
You may need an FET form (Foreign exchange transfer form) which are usually issued by the initial receiving bank.

I know that. If you read my original post, I was asking if the credit advice will be accepted as proof of overseas fund.

4 hours ago, PJPom said:

If your bank statement has the code MCL0101#### you are OK ,this denotes foreign funds transfer from other bank with API system .

This has been accepted by my IO for the past four years after he checked, ….note , my own Bank didn’t know what this code was.

The code is BTN which stands for BahtNet. That is the code I am asking about in regards to the credit advice.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, racyrick said:

I know that. If you read my original post, I was asking if the credit advice will be accepted as proof of overseas fund.

Yes they do, but you missed the point I was asking - have you checked you can you get a credit receipt from your bank.

When Immigration started accepting monthly overseas pensions transferred to a bank account, you couldn't get a credit advice receipt from your Thai bank as the Bank of Thailand was the receiving bank. It took a visit from a staff member of Bangkok Bank to visit our local office to explain the 'BNT' code was an International transfer before they would accept it.

A UK pension alone transferred through the Bahtnet system wouldn't meet the financial requirements anyway.

Edited by Liquorice

23 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Yes they do, but you missed the point I was asking - have you checked you can you get a credit receipt from your bank.

When Immigration started accepting monthly overseas pensions transferred to a bank account, you couldn't get a credit advice receipt from your Thai bank as the Bank of Thailand was the receiving bank. It took a visit from a staff member of Bangkok Bank to visit our local office to explain the 'BNT' code was an International transfer before they would accept it.

A UK pension alone transferred through the Bahtnet system wouldn't meet the financial requirements anyway.

Yes, no problem. I can get monthly credit advice from my local Bangkok Bank branch.

• Thumbs Up 1