Wheelchair

On 5/31/2024 at 2:15 AM, AnotherOneHere said:

"Wheelchair". 

That is the best you could come up with.

"Wheelchair" tells everybody what is this thread about. That is the best description your brain come up with. I salute to you. :wai:

On 5/31/2024 at 2:24 AM, AnotherOneHere said:

I will take a wild guess that my violation was summed up with a single word rather than a sentence? 🧐

And these 2 pathetic posts were presumably the best that your brain could come up with, then, were they?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Based on my personal experience of flying from LHR to BKK just over a month ago, you will definitely not need to stand on the train from the new to old terminals at BKK, provided that you have pre-booked wheelchair assistance, as strongly recommended by @RetroGTAndrew (I, too, have mobility issues which make it difficult for me to walk long distances at airports). In my case I was met with pre-booked wheelchair assistance immediately I had stepped off the plane, and the assistant wheeled me all the way to where I met my wife in the old terminal. I was not forced to stand on what was a crowded train from the new terminal. Hope that this sets your mind at rest on this particular issue.

As @Ojas said you won't have a problem either way <provided> you pre book 'special assistance'

On 5/29/2024 at 4:26 AM, soi3eddie said:

Which airline told you that? Normally they take the wheelchair at the gate and put it in the hold, then return it at the gate on arrival. This is what Thai Airways did with my uncle's wheelchair in October 2022.

Now there is a problem, last time I arrived at Swampy I landed at the new terminal had to take the train (which was packed) to the old terminal for immigration and baggage pick up. I am flying TG as well but had to take the train to the old terminal. The question is do all flights from OZ stop at the new terminal or was that an exception?

1 hour ago, still kicking said:

Now there is a problem, last time I arrived at Swampy I landed at the new terminal had to take the train (which was packed) to the old terminal for immigration and baggage pick up. I am flying TG as well but had to take the train to the old terminal. The question is do all flights from OZ stop at the new terminal or was that an exception?

Not yet been to the new terminal so not sure of the arrangements. Maybe someone else here can advise. 

1 minute ago, soi3eddie said:

Not yet been to the new terminal so not sure of the arrangements. Maybe someone else here can advise. 

It was the first time for me as well 

On 6/29/2024 at 7:34 PM, OJAS said:

Based on my personal experience of flying from LHR to BKK just over a month ago, you will definitely not need to stand on the train from the new to old terminals at BKK, provided that you have pre-booked wheelchair assistance, as strongly recommended by @RetroGTAndrew (I, too, have mobility issues which make it difficult for me to walk long distances at airports). In my case I was met with pre-booked wheelchair assistance immediately I had stepped off the plane, and the assistant wheeled me all the way to where I met my wife in the old terminal. I was not forced to stand on what was a crowded train from the new terminal. Hope that this sets your mind at rest on this particular issue.

I keep that in mind 

Posted (edited)

I've been through the satellite terminal at Suvrnabumi a few times now...  Its long way.

What I would plan: 

- Pre-Book Special Assistance (upon arrival).

- When checking in at your departure airport, ask for a 'baggage tag' to gate check your wheel chair.

- Use your wheel chair through the airport once at the plane (air-bridge), the airline staff will load it in the baggage.

- Upon arrival your wheel chair 'should' be made available to you upon de-planing.

- IF your wheel chair is not made available when deplaning, then you have the wheel chair assistance that you pre-booked to help (and the use of their wheel chair) - in this case your wheel chair may go to the carousel (nevertheless, you then still have someone to fast track you through the airport).

I've flown with wheel chair assistance (after an injury) - but never my own wheel chair.

But, the gate checking option was frequently used for our 'buggy' (for our infant son)...  we'd gate check it every time and it would be there, with other buggies at the air-bridge or just inside the gate - only a couple of times was it taken through to baggage reclaim, but I doubt they'd do that with a wheel-chair.

Edited by richard_smith237

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I've been through the satellite terminal at Suvrnabumi a few times now...  Its long way.

What I would plan: 

- Pre-Book Special Assistance (upon arrival).

- When checking in, ask for a 'tag to gate check your wheel chair'

- Use your wheel chair through the airport once at the plane, the airline staff will load it in the baggage.

- Upon arrival your wheel chair 'should' be made available to you upon de-planing.

- IF your wheel chair is not made available when deplaning, then you have the wheel chair assistance to help (and the use of their wheel chair) - in this case your wheel chair may go to the carousel. 

I've flown with wheel chair assistance (after an injury) - but never my own wheel chair.

But, the gate checking option was frequently used for our 'buggy' (for our infant son)...  we'd gate check it every time and it would be there, with other buggies at the air-bridge or just inside the gate - only a couple of times was it taken through to baggage reclaim, but I doubt they'd do that with a wheel-chair.

Thanks for our reply, Richard I am worried about the train ride there is no wheelchair viable, and I have to stand up and as you know not many people get up and offer a seat.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, still kicking said:

Thanks for our reply, Richard I am worried about the train ride there is no wheelchair viable, and I have to stand up and as you know not many people get up and offer a seat.

Are there designated seats? Most transit here have them, especially at an airport. If not posted, it's commonly understood people in need get the seats by the door.

If nobody outright moves you just linger by the seat and someone gets the message pretty quickly. If you have a cane able-bodied people would move right away.

Edited by JimTripper