Thailand Safer Than Usa?

qualtrough

I was just doing some research using the CIA World Factbook site and found these 2007 est. for death rates per 1000 population:

Thailand: 7.1

USA: 8.26

These figures must be correct as I don't think the CIA makes mistakes very often. :o

Perhaps a new TOT campaign, "Visit Thailand, You're Less Likely to Die!"

One islikely to be the victim of a violent crime in the USA, once in every 73 years. If one stays out of very well known areas where crime is more prevalent, that figure would be extended to once every few hundred years. I'm not sure what the lilihood of being a victim of violent crime in Thailand is.

One islikely to be the victim of a violent crime in the USA, once in every 73 years. If one stays out of very well known areas where crime is more prevalent, that figure would be extended to once every few hundred years. I'm not sure what the lilihood of being a victim of violent crime in Thailand is.

Source?

As for Nationmaster, as other have pointed out, there are a number of anomalies in the crime data posted there on Thailand and elsewhere. Not saying the quoted figures are wrong, but they should be taken with a grain of salt. Same with the CIA figures too.