Dual Citizenship And Passports

Dunno how many of you guys out there have dual citizenship of Western countries and have been uisng both the passports either alternately or 6 monthly in order to get visa on entry without the need for a non-imm visa.

I was doing just that until recently, however, when I left BKK a month ago the immigration officer picked up on the fact and I was questioned at length about entering and leaving the country at different times with different passports. :o

Thought I would be able to get away without a non-imm visa but it looks like the Imm Dept have got their act together on this now.

So anybody still using two passports to enter Thailand with the visa on arrival in the hope of not getting pinched be careful.

I've got myself a non-imm visa now

Dunno how many of you guys out there have dual citizenship of Western countries and have been uisng both the passports either alternately or 6 monthly in order to get visa on entry without the need for a non-imm visa.

I was doing just that until recently, however, when I left BKK a month ago the immigration officer picked up on the fact and I was questioned at length about entering and leaving the country at different times with different passports. :o

Thought I would be able to get away without a non-imm visa but it looks like the Imm Dept have got their act together on this now.

So anybody still using two passports to enter Thailand with the visa on arrival in the hope of not getting pinched be careful.

I've got myself a non-imm visa now

Problem solved. :D Names and dates of birth are all revealing in Thai Immigrations computers.