Genuine question over "TV" viewing in Thailand

Chivas

I see so many different options over firesticks and multiple other options that I simply get lost at times

I think well that sounds ideal and then see another and think the same

I'm looking for this

To watch a reasonable amount of channels (I dont need 1300 as one advert stated !) bit of sport on occasion (say for example that Champions Final last night) Unbelievably despite having Sky Package here in UK that was broadcast on TNT which wasnt included

I'm talking about availabilty in a Condo. I want to do it myself rather than bothering about perhaps having existing connections in Condo block which may or may not be available anyway

You can assume that the Wifi connection will be fast enough

Assume that it would be a Smart TV as even if existing one wasnt I'd buy one anyway

What do you guys use or recommend ?

Thanks

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i use my spare smartphone Redmi Note 9, have about 7 apps and cast to my TV, better than my previous 2 boxes, better spec and easy to control

What about plugging firestick into back of Smart TV  ??

I genuinely dont know too much about this subject as literally in UK tend to only watch Sky News and couple soaps (dont ask lol) ....Not a TV person at all per se

Though on the assumption of having dropped anchor in Thailand doubtless I'd need more

i use my unlimited data on my phone--stream spotify all day biking

come home--turn on phone hotspot to connect my chromecast and stream tv apps off my phone

i have a free vpn of needed but find enough stuff to watch without it.....youtube..news--movies..netflix

6 month data package  AIS 1400...about 230 a month unlimited.....works for me as i abuse the cr*p out of streaming usage

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i use my spare smartphone Redmi Note 9, have about 7 apps and cast to my TV, better than my previous 2 boxes, better spec and easy to control

same  is like a mini media remote....

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Chivas said:

I genuinely dont know too much about this subject as literally in UK tend to only watch Sky News and couple soaps (dont ask lol) ....Not a TV person at all per se

Though on the assumption of having dropped anchor in Thailand doubtless I'd need more

I see people recommending the fire stick, look on YouTube loads of videos on that subject. For me it would have the same issue as a box, you need a mouse or air mouse to operate properly which i found to be a PITA which is why i much prefer using my smartphone, plus using an old smartphone is free and will have much better spec than any box so faster

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Chivas said:

sounds workable as i plugged my CC into HDMI jack on my LED TV....no need for a smart tv for me....as i use my phone apps as better speeds than my apt bldg and everyone sucking off the same wifi

• Like 1

back in the day before my CC i just plugged my netbook into tv with HDMI cable and had a long mouse cable to control it

chromecast works well for me and my android phones...and i use my other phone for apps so can surf my hotspot phone

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I see people recommending the fire stick, look on YouTube loads of videos on that subject. For me it would have the same issue as a box, you need a mouse or air mouse to operate properly which i found to be a PITA which is why i much prefer using my smartphone, plus using an old smartphone is free and will have much better spec than any box so faster

im with team scuba as its how I do it as well

• Like 1

Somehow, my condo came with a a streaming service already in place. I don’t pay anything extra.  Most of the channels are junk, but what do you want for free? I think a lot of the channels are grabbed off the internet somehow, as once in a while a channel will freeze and then I see a browser onscreen until someone finally fools around with it to regain the signal. The channels go from 1 to 900. Shopping channels, news channels, sports channels, movie channels, etc.

Mostly, though, I use my Apple TV gizmo and stream some of the apps I can get on that. I already subscribe to Nord VPN, and there’s a Nord VPN app for Apple TV, in case there’s a channel that is restricted to the USA. Anyway, there are tons of free movies on channels like Tubi and Freevee.  I also subscribe to Apple TV+, and have some content on Amazon Prime.  And of course, there’s always YouTube.

Also, I can cast anything I want from my IPad to to the Apple TV box.

I realize there are probably cheaper alternatives. 

• Like 1