Over 80 patients flee Krabi drug rehab centre over alleged abuses

webfact

20 hours ago, webfact said:

One of the escapees told ThaiRath that he and others had to escape because they could no longer bear the abusive behaviour of the officers inside the centre. They were violently punished while some had even died inside the centre.

The officers perhaps are wannabe security guards at entertainment venues in Pattaya?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Looks like these guys are Muslims. 

What does Allah say about drugs?

Islam forbids the use of any substance not prescribed by a physician and which intoxicates the human body. Islam prohibits all intoxicants, including narcotics, citing multiple texts in the Quran and Hadith (Unlu & Sahin, 2016).

Allah won't have those virgins waiting for these infidels. 

Infidel is a term to describe people who are not Muslim. Your post doesn't make sense. If they are Muslim they are not infidels

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

Must make you feel good to have a go at Muslims at every opportunity. Good for you 😂😂😂😂

PS- not an expert but I think the virgin bit refers to when they are killed in jihad. 

The virgin bit was adopted by the death cults who claim to be islamic from Nordic mythology where the Valkyries carry off the dead of the battlefield. The death cults that call themselves 'Islamic Terrorists' adopted this to encourage hormone fired boys going through puberty to join their cult. It is not part of Islam and is against the precepts of Mohammed 

• Haha 1

On 6/11/2024 at 6:47 AM, Gandtee said:

suggest you get into rehab

Rehab is for quitters.

Also people who can't control themselves.

I never get drunk.

I know Alcoholics think it's impossible to drink and limit yourself so you don't get drunk. 😄

• Confused 2

On 6/11/2024 at 4:19 AM, RobU said:

The virgin bit was adopted by the death cults who claim to be islamic from Nordic mythology where the Valkyries carry off the dead of the battlefield. The death cults that call themselves 'Islamic Terrorists' adopted this to encourage hormone fired boys going through puberty to join their cult. It is not part of Islam and is against the precepts of Mohammed 

You  forgot the words “stupid and gullible” between encourage and hormone.

1 hour ago, Dukeleto said:

You  forgot the words “stupid and gullible” between encourage and hormone.

Agreed

On 6/10/2024 at 1:05 PM, Gandtee said:

So do I. Yes we know the addicts are self inflicted but that doesn't excuse physical punishment by those entrusted in treating their addiction. I would suggest that it increases their craving for drugs to escape the affects of the abuse. It would seem that these rehabilitation centres are run on military grounds. And we know how military recruits are treated.

'We' don't all know the addiction is self inflicted. Addiction is a disease, not a lifestyle choice. It may be worth considering the lack of good education / glut of misleading information about drink and drugs in general, the fact that many addicts became so before reaching adulthood and the soaring rates of (untreated) mental health conditions worldwide whereby the discomfort of the condition outweighs the perceived risk from taking a brief escape from what feels like endless, unbearable pain.

No mentally healthy, well informed adult deliberately causes themselves serious harm.

I personally am of the opinion that treating any sort of addict as someone who has inflicted their condition on themselves is counter-productive when it comes to treating their illness. Contemporary methods of treating addicts as people who are suffering from a medical condition are yielding far, far greater success rates than those that embody antiquated attitudes like victim blaming.

The evidence is there in plain sight: