Single Item Ordered Online and has 2 tracking Numbers. One from China one from USA.

Dazinoz

Recently ordered a shirt on Facebook. Company in the US but said item would be sent from China. I was given a tracking number which showed movement in the US. After no movement in awhile I contacted support who provide me with another tracking, this one from China.

I contacted support about 2 totally different tracking numbers and they just said yes, one from country or origin and one in destination country. Neither showed Thailand.

Anyhow I watched both tracking and both showed left China or US. Yesterday the parcel arrived and showed on both tracking sites as delivered.

Anyone know the reasoning for this?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

That happens regularly when you order something with destination Thailand.
If you are unlucky, which has happened to me more than once now, it arrives in Thailand with a different tracking number where the delivery driver delivers it to the wrong address, so you both lose your money and don't get what you ordered.
These days to avoid this, I check in Thailand first, whether it is available there.

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, cowellandrew said:

Easy the cotton is from down south in the cotton picking USA, then the Chinese are going to make it into a shirt and put the made in China label in!

Somewhat unlikely.

China is the biggest cotton producer in the world with about 6.6 million tons.

India 2nd with 5.6, USA 3rd with 3.1.

Super cheap junk sold in Germany comes from Indian cotton.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/10/2024 at 1:32 PM, Dazinoz said:

Recently ordered a shirt on Facebook. Company in the US but said item would be sent from China. I was given a tracking number which showed movement in the US. After no movement in awhile I contacted support who provide me with another tracking, this one from China.

I contacted support about 2 totally different tracking numbers and they just said yes, one from country or origin and one in destination country. Neither showed Thailand.

Anyhow I watched both tracking and both showed left China or US. Yesterday the parcel arrived and showed on both tracking sites as delivered.

Anyone know the reasoning for this?

I made two orders from a "winding up business" sale. 
Really attractive price for a few Panama Hats, hand made in Ecuador, going rate about 100 bucks and up, so 60 for two is a good deal in my opinion.

In this case, the tracking for the two shipments, to SEA and to Europe, "sent" shipping from USA followed the same pattern, same (wrong) shipment airport, exactly same number of days from shipment date to export, customs clearance and delivery / arrival dates..

The Chinese tracking that was sent, upon enquiry, was related to the package "SENT" from the warehouse in China.

In my case, I received the package from China in TH well before the announced expected delivery date for the USA shipments that were reported for Europe and TH as the same delivery period.
The only thing done by hand in the received packages was stuffing the hats in a small plastic bag, the hats were worth, I guess, 30 Thb .

In my case, a well-known American Credit card company sorted it out.

Did what you received match the description ?

17 hours ago, KKra said:

I made two orders from a "winding up business" sale. 
Really attractive price for a few Panama Hats, hand made in Ecuador, going rate about 100 bucks and up, so 60 for two is a good deal in my opinion.

In this case, the tracking for the two shipments, to SEA and to Europe, "sent" shipping from USA followed the same pattern, same (wrong) shipment airport, exactly same number of days from shipment date to export, customs clearance and delivery / arrival dates..

The Chinese tracking that was sent, upon enquiry, was related to the package "SENT" from the warehouse in China.

In my case, I received the package from China in TH well before the announced expected delivery date for the USA shipments that were reported for Europe and TH as the same delivery period.
The only thing done by hand in the received packages was stuffing the hats in a small plastic bag, the hats were worth, I guess, 30 Thb .

In my case, a well-known American Credit card company sorted it out.

Did what you received match the description ?

Yes it did match description.

I first received the US tracking number with a few movements shown. After no movement for a time I emailed support and received the second China tracking number. Like you say when the China tracking showed that item left China so did the US one. When item deliver (from China) the US tracking also showed delivered.