Protesters Call on Military to Refuse Thaksin's Bail Plea

snoop1130

38 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I don't think that it is all Thais pleading for yet another military coup. If it is anybody then it will probably be elder yellow shirts and elder ultra-royalists, and they are dying off and not being replaced.

Just wait, the young generation voted for MFP, and FFP in the previous election, and they got fooled twice.

Surely they aren't happy with what happened, and they may voice their discontent about Thaksin ruling the country again at a later stage.

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Protesters have urged the Royal Thai Army to deny a possible bail plea by ex-Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

I bet he did not see this coming ...

• Agree 2

15 hours ago, billd766 said:

I wonder where these protesters were when Thaksin was overthrown in an illegal military coup back in 2006.

If they supported the coup, then IMO they should have been in jail for life for treasonous acts against the elected government along with every general and senior officers.

Given some of them are called 'Network of Students' and you are talking about an event 18 years ago, I'll let you do the math 🙂

3 hours ago, cncltd1973 said:

finally something we all can agree on

Who is "we"?

If you are including everybody in the word "we", then only speak for yourself because you are certainly NOT speaking for me. Perhaps when you say "we", you only mean you and the people who agree with you, which is not everybody.

18 hours ago, billd766 said:

I wonder where these protesters were when Thaksin was overthrown in an illegal military coup back in 2006.

If they supported the coup, then IMO they should have been in jail for life for treasonous acts against the elected government along with every general and senior officers.

if toni would have paid taxes on his billllllllions of dollars profit when selling his satellite business

he forgot the grease the wheels

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

if granted bail, Thaksin might tamper with the evidence. He reminded people that Thaksin fled Thailand in 2008 just before the Supreme Court found him guilty of aiding his then-wife, Khunying Potjaman Na Pombejra, to buy prime land cheaply while he was prime minister.

He probable would. 

If he gets Bail on his day in court.    Than before sentencing  date He might Flee the country again if he gets a Long Jail Sentence.

1 hour ago, cncltd1973 said:

are you in favor of Thaksin, previously a fugitive on the run, posting bail while students who cannot post bail are wasting away in prison for the same offense? you are in favor of unequal standards to the justice system? I'm not sure what your stance is unless you are demanding to remain a lone wolf on all positions, in which case, why reply at all?

I am in favour of anybody who was legally elected and removed from power by an illegal military coup.

Do you support a military coup over that of a legally elected government?

I don't demand anything, and in case you are unsure, anything that is posted on a public forum can be answered by anybody else, whether you agree and like it or not.

I gave my own opinion which is not the one you gave when you used the word "we". You do NOT speak for everyone, only for yourself, and perhaps others who may agree with you.

You certainly DO NOT speak for me.