Thailand Video News: Diplomats unite to celebrate LBGTQI+ rights in Bangkok (short)

EU and Allies Celebrate Pride Month in Bangkok: The European Union delegation, alongside the embassies of Australia, the United Kingdom, and the United States, hosted a reception celebrating Pride Month at the US Chief of Mission’s residence in Bangkok. The event, themed "Pride, Rights, Thrive," attracted over 200 guests, including diplomats, government officials, LGBTQI+ activists, and advocates. US Ambassador Robert Godec, EU Ambassador David Daly, UK Ambassador Mark Gooding, and Australian Chargé d’Affaires Julia Feeney highlighted the importance of LGBTQI+ rights as human rights and praised Thailand’s progress towards equality.

In my view it's an outdated form of colonialism for Western countries to pretend to adjudicate progress in an area of human rights where by many measures Thailand is in advance of their own.What exactly do these ambassadors think they are doing and why? I have little doubt that future generations will look back with bemusement at this kind of activity.

Mathew Parris, a highly perceptive gay man and co -founder of Stonewall gives a typically articulate rejoinder to all this.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/the-times/matthew-parris-heres-why-i-want-to-leave-the-lgbt-club/news-story/f546a783321780a0f03b3c1e0dfab849