Multi Skills Competition

This year my school has asked me to help with the Multi-Skills competition, but the documents they gave me only gave very basic information about it, and the Thai teacher assigned to assist me with it has never been to a competition for it either.  Another teacher explained to me roughly how it works, and said they'd send me some sample questions from previous years, but they only have old questions for 1 or 2 of the 5x different events within multi-skills.

Can someone here give me a bit of a rundown on what's involved with it?  and ideally some sample questions so that I can get a bit of an idea on what to do for this.

In general, the more information the better.

Oh and I'm doing it for primary schools, but information from high school competitions would be useful too.

Edited by SlyAnimal

as far as I know it's about  the 4 skills listening, speaking, reading, writing.

picture dictation,  questions students have to answer (criteria: how fluent and creative) etc.

sorry, I have no sample questions.

Posted (edited)
On 6/17/2024 at 11:06 AM, bigt3116 said:

Maybe telling people what skills are being evaluated would be a good idea?

As far as I'm aware it's the same format in each competition, so anyone who has assisted their students with a Multi Skills Competition would already know the areas.

But so far the information I've gathered about the 5x sections is:
Listening - Listen to a passage + answer questions
Reading - Read a passage + answer questions
Writing - Answer a question with a 100+ word essay (higher word count for high school students).  Not sure on the type of question though.
Speaking - Interview questions (But not sure if short answers, or long answers, and if about knowledge or personal experiences etc)
Picture Dictation - Describe a picture and then students draw it (Perhaps with an existing template, perhaps on a blank sheet, perhaps with colour, perhaps just a pencil I'm not sure).

Listening / Reading seem relatively straight forward, while the writing / speaking / picture dictation sections are where I'd really like to get more of an idea on the questions etc.

Edited by SlyAnimal

1 hour ago, SlyAnimal said:

As far as I'm aware it's the same format in each competition, so anyone who has assisted their students with a Multi Skills Competition would already know the areas.

But so far the information I've gathered about the 5x sections is:
Listening - Listen to a passage + answer questions
Reading - Read a passage + answer questions
Writing - Answer a question with a 100+ word essay (higher word count for high school students).  Not sure on the type of question though.
Speaking - Interview questions (But not sure if short answers, or long answers, and if about knowledge or personal experiences etc)
Picture Dictation - Describe a picture and then students draw it (Perhaps with an existing template, perhaps on a blank sheet, perhaps with colour, perhaps just a pencil I'm not sure).

Listening / Reading seem relatively straight forward, while the writing / speaking / picture dictation sections are where I'd really like to get more of an idea on the questions etc.

Yes, you are correct.

That's about it.