Denied visa docs at Savannakhet, what are my options?

So I didn’t see the updates on the new rules about booking an appointment online, got rejected along with a few others.

I will return to Thailand tomorrow with my wife on a 30-day stamp. Do I have to leave the country again to get a non-o visa? 

Will I be eligible for a 60 extension based on seeing family? 

The tuk tuk drivers outside the consulate told me you can get visas out the back of the consulate but they are expensive. Am not completely sure what that means . I didn't follow further but you could ask your wife to check it out if you are there. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, decline said:

Thanks very much, I have 400k in a bank so will do that

15 minutes ago, decline said:

Does this mean I never even had to leave the country? 

You could have applied for the Non O based on Thai spouse at Immigration, with proof for 400K THB in a Thai bank account in your sole name.

Procedure here:  VE-TV to Non O Spouse.pdf 

The 400K is only required to be in the bank on the date of submission.

You will be granted a stay of a further 90 days.

The 400K THB needs to be seasoned in the bank for 2 months for the 1-year extension of stay.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, decline said:

I had already used a single entry + 60 marriage extension 

Understand, however you will reenter Thailand on a new visa exempt so you are able to obtain a 60 day extension to visit wife if required.

Which immigration office do you use. 

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Understand, however you will reenter Thailand on a new visa exempt so you are able to obtain a 60 day extension to visit wife if required.

Which immigration office do you use. 

Pattaya unfortunately 

With the visa exempt+ 30 day extension + 60 to visit wife gives you time to season 400k for the non O.

Unfortunately Jomitien are requiring 400k seasoning for the non O from visa exempt entry. 

Not the correct rule. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, decline said:

I will return to Thailand tomorrow with my wife on a 30-day stamp.

Is Thai Immigration now giving 60 days for Visa Exempt entries at land borders?

Edited by Jaymatheson

11 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

If you have the 400K baht in a thai bank account you can apply for the Non-O visa at the immigration office where you live after you come back in on a 30 day free entry stamp. As Dr Jack said, take the 30 day extension and then take the one 60 day visit thai family extension you're allowed if you need time to get the funds

Hi Tod. I have often wondered if you need to prove that the 400,000 came from your home country. I know for retirement you need to show it has come from a foreign transfer but for non o married to a,Thai is it the same?

Just now, Wongkitlo said:

Hi Tod. I have often wondered if you need to prove that the 400,000 came from your home country. I know for retirement you need to show it has come from a foreign transfer but for non o married to a,Thai is it the same?

At this time there is no immigration office in the country that I'm aware of which requires you show proof of funds origin for the 400k baht to get the initial 90 day Non-O visa based on marriage to a thai.

And I believe it's only Bangkok that requires proof of funds origin for the 800K baht to get the initial 90 day Non-O visa based on being over 50 (retirement)

no other office asks about where the funds came from.   

• Like 1

On 6/19/2024 at 2:38 PM, DrJack54 said:

With the visa exempt+ 30 day extension + 60 to visit wife gives you time to season 400k for the non O.

Unfortunately Jomitien are requiring 400k seasoning for the non O from visa exempt entry. 

Not the correct rule. 

The person handling that service in that office requires 15K Baht no-receipt to follow the written rules - been this way for many years, at least over a decade. 
I do not know if they are requesting it directly these days, or only laundered via agents, such as the agent-shop next-door.