Obtaining A Residence Certificate At CW For Driving License Renewal?

WingNut

I am wondering what is the current procedure please for obtaining a residency certificate at CW immigration for purposes of renewing your driving license?

During Covid you had to go to that temporary office they had set up in Muang Thong Thani to get one, but that's been stopped I think, so I assume it's back to the main CW immigration office now to get one?

Is there a long queue when you go to get one? Can you book an online queue number for this to save time? How long does it take to receive the document? 

Thank you. 

It has moved back to CW, you need to have done a 90 day report to get a resident certificate, you can book online, it gets posted to you usually you get it in 7-10 days, there is no option to get it on the day, cost 200 baht

Edited by howerde
missing text
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, howerde said:

It has moved back to CW, you need to have done a 90 day report to get a resident certificate, you can book online, it gets posted to you usually you get it in 7-10 days, there is no option to get it on the day

Thank you. You used to be able to pay 1,000 Baht I think and get it on the day. But 7-10 days is fine. 

I just reentered the country recently and my 90 day report still isn't due for a while. Not sure I can file one so early, can I?

Do you mean that the 90 day report simply needs to be up to date or do you need to do an extra one just to apply for a resident certificate? 

Also, I went into the online queuing system. I don't see an option for booking an online queue for residency certificate. Following are the only online queuing options I see offered for CW:

1. Alien Registration
2. Business VISA Extension
3. Endorsement of Re-entry permit/Non-Quota Immigrant Visa
4. Extension Visa for Retirement
5. Extension visa for Teachers and Students in Public Educational Institutions
6. Extension visa for Thailand Elite Members, Teachers and Students in Private Educational Institutions
7. Extension Visa For Visit spouse/Thai Children or In case of Thai husband/Thai wife
8. Notification of residence when staying in the Kingdom over 90 days
9. Re-entry Permit
10. Resident Permit
11. Tourist VISA (TR) Extension
12. VISA Issuing and Changing Type of Visa

Amended my original post

You seem to be right  i did last year and had a booked appointment, unless age is catching up with me, hopefully someone else will confirm, either way there were not a lot of people getting a resident certificate

Edited by howerde
wrong text
  • Thanks 1

I just reentered the country recently and my 90 day report still isn't due for a while. Not sure I can file one so early, can I?

I am not sure if they will accept a 90 day report done before you left the country or expect a new one

Do you mean that the 90 day report simply needs to be up to date or do you need to do an extra one just to apply for a resident certificate? 

You need to take your last 90 day receipt  they do check it

Edited by howerde
missing text
  • Thanks 1