Good conversation starters

Mekmong MICK

7 hours ago, Mekmong MICK said:

Hi everyone

Hoping for some help / advice from some people with experience around good conversation starters. A bit of background about me - I've recently moved to Hua Hin after selling my successful dent repair business in Australia. I'm looking for companionship with a young Thai lady but am not sure how to approach a conversation / what are some good topics to start off what could be a lifelong romance. In Australia, I'd usually just say something like "gee you look alright" or "show us your knackers" or "fix us a sandwich would you, Darl?". But I am conscious this may not be as appropriate in Thailand. 

Any help for how to start a conversation would be really appreciated 

How old are you ?

3 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Excuse me 18 yr olds are adults, they are type of girl I go with when in Thailand 18 at worst 19 or even 20

shame on you for this, I am

looking at you with disappointment eyes 

ok take care of yourself 

how old are you? shame on me? They may be of legal age but if you are over 25 it is really not appropriate. Their brains are not yet well developed and in most ways they are still children... 

1 minute ago, 1FinickyOne said:

IQ challenge any day of the week... I am raising a daughter who turned 19 yesterday - I know you would disgust her - 

ps - I can spell the word 'bright' 

She would be lucky to meet a fella like me; wealthy, owned my own business, own a rolex and Ford Raptor and living in a hotel in Hua Hin. I'm clearly in the top 1% of society

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mekmong MICK said:

Hi everyone

Hoping for some help / advice from some people with experience around good conversation starters. A bit of background about me - I've recently moved to Hua Hin after selling my successful dent repair business in Australia. I'm looking for companionship with a young Thai lady but am not sure how to approach a conversation / what are some good topics to start off what could be a lifelong romance. In Australia, I'd usually just say something like "gee you look alright" or "show us your knackers" or "fix us a sandwich would you, Darl?". But I am conscious this may not be as appropriate in Thailand. 

Any help for how to start a conversation would be really appreciated 

ah, another new guest poser, er poster, to drum up activity on this dying mockery of a current events and Thai discussion board  

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Mekmong MICK said:

Rude, none of your business

18 - 20 = adult. You're clearly not very brihgt

G'day! You won't have much a problem since relationships here, unlike Australia, are very transactional.

Your bigger problem is being located in Hua Hin as opposed to Pattaya or Phuket where most of the explict transactional work is.

You will have much better luck in the Philippines, where age-gap relationships are very common and the girls actually speak English.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

how old are you? shame on me? They may be of legal age but if you are over 25 it is really not appropriate. Their brains are not yet well developed and in most ways they are still children... 

im 49 but that’s beside the point, I’m not breaking any laws here.. how dare you judge me *scold face

• Haha 1

Just now, AsiaTraveler1234 said:

G'day! You won't have much a problem since relationships here, unlike Australia, are very transactional.

Your bigger problem is being located in Hua Hin as opposed to Pattaya or Phuket where most of the explict transactional work is.

You will have much better luck in the Philippines, where age-gap relationships are very common and the girls actually speak English.

First of all, thank you for a wonderful response and providing a great recommendation. If only other posters could be more helpful like you friend.

I will be based in Hua Hin the next few weeks so will consider these locations, I am trying to avoid anything transactional and instead rely on my personality, charm and humour to meet someone.

Much respect to you friend for your advice

5 minutes ago, Mekmong MICK said:

She would be lucky to meet a fella like me; wealthy, owned my own business, own a rolex and Ford Raptor and living in a hotel in Hua Hin. I'm clearly in the top 1% of society

Well, you are certainly showing your Aussie class by bosting about having a Yute......😬

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Geezus cobber,  I've heard a bit of Aussie lingo over the years but using a pick up line such as " Show us your knackers" to us kiwis means a totally different thing. 

It's like saying show us ya ball sack! 

We certainly wouldn't say that to a woman.  Maybe 'show us your growler' would be more appropriate. 

You might be safe saying the aforementioned 'knackers' in Pattaya however, as you're never too sure what is standing in front of you. (Ladyboy) 

I suppose it's like the kiwi slang when we say someone's a dag which means they are an akay sort of guy, but in Aussie it means youre a piece of <deleted>.  Like what hangs out of a sheep's bum. 

As for chatting with the local girls... a bit of Dutch courage (alcohol) can help. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Mekmong MICK said:

Top of the range with $20k worth of accessories

Do you have your raptor with you in Thailand? I’m sure the ladies would froth it, you wouldn’t even have to say a word and they would jump

in the passenger seat with you and start pleasuring you right then and there 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, AsiaTraveler1234 said:

You won't have much a problem since relationships here, unlike Australia, are very transactional.

I had a transactional relationship yesterday.

I met this bird in the laundromat, we got talking, exchanged Line, then she keeps pestering me.....when can we meet etc.

The next day I met her by the swimming pool, she asks if we can go to my room, 5 minutes later we're in the shower then on the bed, we didn't discuss money. 

Anyway, after the fun I said I'd give her 1000 baht, she asks for 1500 baht, she said she must pay her electricity bill today. 

No problem, good transaction. 👍

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Mekmong MICK said:

She would only be lucky if you were generous and took great care of her family. 

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I had a transactional relationship yesterday.

I met this bird in the laundromat, we got talking, exchanged Line, then she keeps pestering me.....when can we meet etc.

The next day I met her by the swimming pool, she asks if we can go to my room, 5 minutes later we're in the shower then on the bed, we didn't discuss money. 

Anyway, after the fun I said I'd give her 1000 baht, she asks for 1500 baht, she said she must pay her electricity bill today. 

No problem, good transaction. 👍

Yes, I love those transactions 😄👍

But, even the expats in "proper" relationships or married to thai girls pretty much all pay some kind of monthly allowance their partner's family. It typically seems to be around THB 10,000/mo.

I find this very strange since, in Australia, the women are very egalitarian. It's very common for women there to split the bill or buy the next round of drinks while you are off in the loo unloading from the first round.

In Australia, the women are looking for genuine connections; while in Thailand, the women are looking for transactions. Generally speaking.

Edited by AsiaTraveler1234
  • Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Sure, 7 year olds and 27-30 year olds - the OP wants a teenager which is inappropriate. 

13 = teenager

19 = teenager

Do you really don't see a difference?

Personally, I would never consider a 13-yo child.

And I don't think I ever met a 19-yo and thought: she is too young.

At the end what counts is the legal situation in Thailand. And I am not going to argue about that one again.

2 minutes ago, SoCal1990 said:

Thai women don't require clever pickup lines. Best straight forward approach after saying hello to her with a smile is: "I like you. Do you have a boyfriend?" 

If the woman isn't interested she will say she has one, even when she doesn't. Then no time wasted and an easy way out for her without creating an uncomfortable situation for either party. 

If she is interested then she will say she doesn't have one, regardless if she has one or not. And then you are in. 

This is so helpful friend, I'll try asking all the Thai ladies I like the look of this weekend if they have a boyfriend as a bit of a ice breaker

6 minutes ago, AsiaTraveler1234 said:

Australia, the women are looking for genuine connections; while in Thailand, the women are looking for transactions

I'm in heaven here in Thailand, I much prefer the transactional relationship. 

The girls here are petite and fun to be with, for a little bit of money you can spend quality time together on the beach etc., then off to the love shack, pay her a few dollars and she's on her Scoopy looking for her next transaction. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Mekmong MICK said:

This is so helpful friend, I'll try asking all the Thai ladies I like the look of this weekend if they have a boyfriend as a bit of a ice breaker

When I was a teenager I had a friend who used to go up to girls and say "So, how do you like me so far". Half of them were a bit confused and didn't know how to respond and the other half slept with him. Not sure it would have the same effect in Thailand though. A bit too cocky I think.