The taste of boiled eggs

jil

15 hours ago, jil said:

I've never liked the taste of boiled eggs that much in Thailand, also not the taste of "free- range eggs" or the "cage-free eggs".

Is it the different food that's being given to the chickens here? 

free range and cage free eggs are given the same diet ,,, mostly grains / soy    im some case given access to outdoor sunshine

very little natural diet ( insects )  just look at the yolk color  pale light yellow ?  or vibrant orange ..?

try duck eggs , they are exceptionaly good and carry way more nutrition,,,  

Duck Eggs Vs Chicken Eggs: What's The Difference, 46% OFFeat 3-4 duck eggs vs 5-6 chicken eggs

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In case you don't know, some of the boiled eggs in Thailand are duck eggs. They look almost the same as chicken eggs.

Mostly the duck eggs are white outside, and the chicken eggs brown.

I prefer duck eggs. I am sure they have a different taste.

I agree, duck eggs are generally bigger and more tasty.

Normally I can tell the difference between chicken and duck eggs because the duck eggs has a blue tinge to the shell. ie... 

download(1).jpg.3694ee797e4d2a720296268cb839b245.jpg

• Like 1

Haven't noticed any difference in eggs, worldwide.  Better here than USA, as yolks have more color, so read nutritionally better here.   

Eat 2 large (-0-) scrambled eggs almost every day, first meal, and possibly more later on.  Good source or protein, cholesterol along with cooked in olive oil & butter.  Lots of omelets when wanting a full meal.  Will add them to a salad.  

We go through about 30 eggs every 10 days, if not sooner,  2 different nutritional charts.

Egg-and-Nutrition-larger-label-high-res-768x896.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/29/2024 at 8:04 AM, harryviking said:

I eat eggs every day in Thailand and I honestly say I cannot feel much difference.

You will know the difference if you wake in the morning and start clucking but are you sure you are not quackers !

sorry could not resist no offence ment, but as has already been said Duck eggs are far richer, more nutritious and larger.