Supreme Court rules Trump is entitled to some immunity in Jan. 6 case

1 minute ago, rice555 said:

There is also uptake vid's of Biden saying he has 3 law degrees and

was head of his class and had 3 scholarships, when he was a senior.

It was all BS, and he was called out by the 3(ABC-CBS-NBC) TV Networks. Not the mockingbird MSM of today.

He has 1 law degree and was in the BOTTOM 10% of his class.

He's been lying all his political career.  

Sounds like you have just had an epiphany about politicians lying.

Do you realise, that this has been common knowledge at least since the Roman Senate days?

Though there has never been a politician who has made the saying 'if his lips are moving ........' more true than Trump.

The proven fraudster and convicted criminal has 'been lying' all of his life.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Sounds like you have just had an epiphany about politicians lying.

Do you realise, that this has been common knowledge at least since the Roman Senate days?

Though there has never been a politician who has made the saying 'if his lips are moving ........' more true than Trump.

The proven fraudster and convicted criminal has 'been lying' all of his life.

Biden has been lying his whole live as well, but no one on the left cares about that? 

How do you think the family of a soldier killed in Biden's pathetic Afghanistan withdrawal feels about Biden lying about their son/daughter/mother/father's death? You don't care at all do you? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Biden has been lying his whole live as well, but no one on the left cares about that? 

How do you think the family of a soldier killed in Biden's pathetic Afghanistan withdrawal feels about Biden lying about their son/daughter/mother/father's death? You don't care at all do you? 

Of course I care.

Yet the chaotic withdrawal was largely not Biden's fault.

A U.S. review led by the National Security Council of the chaotic 2021 withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan largely lays the blame on former President Donald Trump, saying President Joe Biden was “severely constrained” by the decisions of his predecessor.

U.S. review of chaotic Afghanistan withdrawal blames Trump | PBS News

• Haha 1

Just now, LosLobo said:

Of course I care.

Yet the chaotic withdrawal was largely not Biden's fault.

A U.S. review led by the National Security Council of the chaotic 2021 withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan largely lays the blame on former President Donald Trump, saying President Joe Biden was “severely constrained” by the decisions of his predecessor.

U.S. review of chaotic Afghanistan withdrawal blames Trump | PBS News

Trump's fault, that's hilarious. 

So why did Biden not say that? Why did he lie about it? Was he trying to protect Trump? 

And (like Trump pointed out) why did Biden not fire anyone? 

It is interesting that Biden could shut down every Trump border policy, stop construction of Trump's wall, shut down the Keystone pipeline and oil leases Trump approved, remove sanctions on Iran Trump imposed and give them billions, stop Trump approves weapons shipments to Ukraine, but when it came to Afghanistan, his hands were tied? Wake up. 

Like Obama abandoning Iraq and blaming Bush. Pathetic. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, candide said:

may be wrong, but I don't think Biden will try to overturn the 2024 election!

You’re not at all wrong, given that Biden lacks the wherewithal to conceive such a thing. There’s an entire other system lurking in the background on that project.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

I always wonder why Trump didn't withdraw from Afghanistan after making the agreement with the Taliban during his tenure. I think he creat the situation for a chaotic withdrawal and left that to Biden.  

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, novacova said:

You’re not at all wrong, given that Biden lacks the wherewithal to conceive such a thing. There’s an entire other system lurking in the background on that project.

Well, according to the numerous conspiracy theories evoked by MAGA propaganda, Biden seems to be almighty.... 😄

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

I always wonder why Trump didn't withdraw from Afghanistan after making the agreement with the Taliban during his tenure. I think he creat the situation for a chaotic withdrawal and left that to Biden.  

A smart advisor probably told him It's safer to schedule the implementation only after the election... 😁

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, candide said:

Well, according to the numerous conspiracy theories evoked by MAGA propaganda, Biden seems to be almighty.... 😄

Okay dear friend, what is your preferred propaganda I wonder…and how deep in are ya? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Trump's fault, that's hilarious. 

So why did Biden not say that? Why did he lie about it? Was he trying to protect Trump? 

And (like Trump pointed out) why did Biden not fire anyone? 

It is interesting that Biden could shut down every Trump border policy, stop construction of Trump's wall, shut down the Keystone pipeline and oil leases Trump approved, remove sanctions on Iran Trump imposed and give them billions, stop Trump approves weapons shipments to Ukraine, but when it came to Afghanistan, his hands were tied? Wake up. 

Like Obama abandoning Iraq and blaming Bush. Pathetic. 

I don't know why Biden 'lied' perhaps it was the dementia which the GOP have been pushing about Biden for years.

When you say something that you think is true it's not telling a lie.

Biden did sack Trump who seemingly took sole credit for original withdrawal plan by virtue of his 2020 POTUS run.

1 hour ago, candide said:

He just tried to overturn the result of a confirmed free and fair election! 🤣

"Free and fair," "safe and effective" keeping chanting that mantra that has been pushed and propogandized 24/7, since 2020.  Say it and hear it enough times and you almost begin to believe it.

• Confused 1

It is obvious that Presidents must have immunity for the official things they do, or they would all be arrested when they leave office. Come to think of it, Bush and Obama should be arrested for Iraq, etc.

• Like 1

I hope the USA will never ever criticize any other country or organization or person again.

We also don't listen if some monkey in the jungle wants to tell us what to do.

They are a banana republic, and it seems it's only getting worse. 

4A7A86B9-3BC1-43D1-9097B71758E1C11A_sour

5 hours ago, simple1 said:

Out of ninety minutes of incitement, trump spoke 4/5 word phrase calling for non violence. Once the invasion of Congress was underway, didn't do anything

The police job is to stop violence. A 75yo man cant do anything. A 81yo can do what? biggest joke of all.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

You don't know why Biden "lied, but you definitely know that Trump lied.

Please explain why Biden's false statements are not lies, but Trumps are.  Why the double standards?

Over time one builds a picture. Biden does lie, gets confused, but it's not ongoing and consistent and often about silly or side issues - with important exceptions  such as his lie about no troops dying under his watch which was bizarre.

But you would have to admit Trump's lies are much more significant, consistent and really often totally embarrassing as his fans lap it up in a way Biden's supporters don't. Weird. Continuing to question the 2020 election for example is dangerous and important.

So in a black and white world every politician is a liar but in the actual world Trump is way way ahead of others in my opinion and those of most objective observers. 

With the current US political outlook I am happy I'm Australian where it's boring and mundane but somewhat respectful and sensible and with a belief in responsibility for actions and a belief in normal democratic principles.

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

Please explain why Biden's false statements are not lies, but Trumps are.  Why the double standards?

Perhaps you need get a dictionary and look up the definition of 'why' and 'know that' first.

27 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

Because Biden is a leftist. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, candide said:

Exactly. In any other western democratic country, Trump would be already convicted for trying to overturn a legitimate  elections. 

Do you have anything that supports your phony claim? 

Oh, and which of those "western democratic counties" has large scale mail in voting? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Do you have anything that supports your phony claim? 

Oh, and which of those "western democratic counties" has large scale mail in voting? 

I must admit that I don't have any example to show as it never happened in other western countries. I don't know of any comparable case of a President or PM, calling someone in charge of supervising elections to find him 11,700 votes, plotting fake electors lists (well, there's probably nothing equivalent), sending a mob to the Parliament (I.e. Westminster palace, Bundestag, Assemblée Nationale) and then watch it on TV for hours without asking his fans to stop assaulting the Parliament at once, and without ordering at once that security forces stop the assault.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, candide said:

I must admit that I don't have any example to show as it never happened in other western countries. I don't know of any comparable case of a President or PM, calling someone in charge of supervising elections to find him 11,700 votes, plotting fake electors lists (well, there's probably nothing equivalent), sending a mob to the Parliament (I.e. Westminster palace, Bundestag, Assemblée Nationale) and then watch it on TV for hours without asking his fans to stop assaulting the Parliament at once, and without ordering at once that security forces stop the assault.

So, you made it up, you seem to do that a lot, but thanks for your honesty. 

I think it safe to say you were not able to come up with another "western democratic county" that is stupid enough to have large scale mail in voting either, huh? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, susanlea said:

The police job is to stop violence. A 75yo man cant do anything. A 81yo can do what? biggest joke of all.

The nsurrection act, in particular the second and third sections, allows allow the President to use the military within the United States without the request of state representatives.