American Dies in House Fire Kanchanaburi

Georgealbert

Kanchanaburi, July 3, a 70-year-old American man tragically lost his life in a house fire that broke out in Ban Huakruai, Moo 4, Tha Lo Sub-district, Tha Muang District. The incident was reported to Tha Muang Police Station at 01:30. Local police coordinated with the Tha Lo Municipality to dispatch fire trucks to the scene and requested support from the Khun Rattanawut Foundation volunteers.

The fire originated in one of three single-story adjacent houses. The structure abd  wooden components, allowed the flames to spread rapidly. Firefighters worked swiftly, taking about 30 minutes to bring the fire under control and prevent it from spreading to neighboring homes.

Upon extinguishing the flames, authorities discovered the charred remains of a man inside the house. The victim was identified as Stephen, an approximately 70-year-old American. The presence of numerous tools around the scene suggested that he might have worked as a tradesman.

A neighbour reported hearing a loud explosion around 01:00, followed by the rapid spread of the fire, prompting them to alert the authorities immediately.

Stephen's American friend and his wife arrived at the scene and provided additional information. Stephen had been living in the house with his Filipina wife, aged around 50, who worked as a language teacher in Bangkok. Two days prior, Stephen's wife had traveled back to her home country to visit family and was unreachable, leaving Stephen alone in the house.

Preliminary investigations suggest that the explosion might have been caused by a paint can. However, police will conduct a detailed forensic examination to determine the exact cause of the explosion and proceed with legal actions accordingly.

https://workpointnews.com/around/news/NJDPPK2

Pictures from responders.

IMG_3617.jpeg

IMG_3619.jpeg

IMG_3618.jpeg

Edited by Georgealbert

20 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

The presence of numerous tools around the scene suggested that he might have worked as a tradesman.

More likely, he was a typical American homeowner.  My neighbors both in Thailand and China are astounded that I have "so many tools", which are just a fraction of what I had in the garage back home.

RIP to the guy, and condolences to the family back home.  My family is currently experiencing a health care emergency with my brother who had a heart bypass last night.  Reminds me how important family is, even 10,000 miles away.

• Agree 1