House Purchase In Childs Name.

Iam looking at buying a house in the near future and can anyone out there tell me : Is it possible to put the property in my sons name, he is 7 yrs old,Thai/English with a Thai birth certificate and British passport . I have heard so many conflicting answers as things seem to differ depending on the name the property is currently in,im lookin at a place which has a foriegn company name (it that the best way),planning well ahead when my lads 15 or so he will retain his British nationality so want to avoid any hassles then as well. PLEASE before anyone suggests my girlfriends/partners name DONT,his mother buggared off 3 yrs ago and theres just my son and i to think about ,i seem to survive quite well on sort term rentals on the woman front and would not consider putting a dog kennel in a Thais name.

Thanks in advance for any info....and apologies to any Thais i have offended.

This thread is a more recent discussion of having a Thai child own property.

You will see that it is possible but there are issues to consider.

I don't understand your reference to "a place which has a foriegn company name". Are you saying that the house is owned by a foriegn company?

Iam looking at buying a house in the near future and can anyone out there tell me : Is it possible to put the property in my sons name, he is 7 yrs old,Thai/English with a Thai birth certificate and British passport . I have heard so many conflicting answers as things seem to differ depending on the name the property is currently in,im lookin at a place which has a foriegn company name (it that the best way),planning well ahead when my lads 15 or so he will retain his British nationality so want to avoid any hassles then as well. PLEASE before anyone suggests my girlfriends/partners name DONT,his mother buggared off 3 yrs ago and theres just my son and i to think about ,i seem to survive quite well on sort term rentals on the woman front and would not consider putting a dog kennel in a Thais name.

I opened a company in my 7yr old sons name with me as a director 49% shareholder & my son owns 50%. I then transferred the house into the company name which according to my legal advisor is ok under Thai law

Thanks for the info im gonna check that out cheers mate