3 Year Visa And How Long Must I Wait?

Couple of questions...

1. I was going to apply for a non-Imm B this week in London. I gather that I can get a 3 year visa or a one year visa!

Has anyone applied for the 3 year visa there and were they successful? Is it harder to get, do you need more documentation?

Any information would be appreciated.

2. Upon applying for a non-Imm B visa, how long do Ihave to wait to pick it up after submitting all the documents - 2 working days, 3, 4...?

Thanks all!

I do not believe that a three year visa is available. There is a 3 year visa, I think, only for citizen for ASIAN countries.

I have not used the London Embassy for some time. (The Hull Consular is much more helpful) but it was a two day turnaround

of course it is available. but it can not be used to get a work permit. it is meant for business travellers from OUTSIDE Thailand who travel to Thailand a lot of times. and you can only apply at the EMBASSY, not at any CONSULAR OFFICES.

I made some enquiries while this was in the launch stage.. I enquired first to a consul and then London..

Back then they explained they would not be easily handing them out and a prerequisite was previous consecutive 1 year(s) and also a high ratio of short visits to Thailand in that time. They did not (it seemed to me but not said explicitly) want to see long stays in Thailand or long stays with only visa runs.

So the impression I got was this was only to be issued to the genuine business traveller who really does need regular short hops.

This was all when it was being launched and they were not actually ready to issue them yet.. It may have changed but thats how it seemed back then.

Not so sure your statement below is true as a friend of mine just got one in the USA and he also has a Work Permit.

Good question for Lopburi, plus I will check with my friend to make sure he had no issues on renewing the WP with the 3 year Non-Imm B.

Dan

of course it is available. but it can not be used to get a work permit. it is meant for business travellers from OUTSIDE Thailand who travel to Thailand a lot of times. and you can only apply at the EMBASSY, not at any CONSULAR OFFICES.

Not so sure your statement below is true as a friend of mine just got one in the USA and he also has a Work Permit.

Good question for Lopburi, plus I will check with my friend to make sure he had no issues on renewing the WP with the 3 year Non-Imm B.

Dan

Check the Washington Embassy website as well.