The Longest Con: How Grifters, Swindlers, and Frauds Hijacked American Conservatism.

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

As I said provide credible links for any claim.

Right after you post a credible link, and not to a political hack job.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

The attempts to control the conversation and narrative was sort of cute on his part. Thats not how it works in the real world.  Trump is a terrible guy, the worst, a bad hombre and the next POTUS.

Link:

https://thekidsguide.com/trumpelectionbundle/?promotioncode=T44RB24J&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoo770rGWhwMV6RGtBh1lTAOEEAAYASAAEgJ9x_D_BwE

If I started a similar thread about how the Dems have grifted, with a link to a book or article by Mark Levin, Victor Davis Hanson, Thomas Sowell, or (God forbid) Newt Gingrich or a hundred other conservative authors, I'd be dogpiled by the lefties and chances are the entire thread would last an hour until it was taken down.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, impulse said:

If I started a similar thread about how the Dems have grifted, with a link to a book or article by Mark Levin, Victor Davis Hanson, Thomas Sowell, or (God forbid) Newt Gingrich or a hundred other conservative authors, I'd be dogpiled by the lefties and chances are the entire thread would last an hour until it was taken down.

We all know about the grift of the Clintons and Obama now. There wouldn't be such a backlash against the Democrats among the members of its own party if they weren't aware of how corrupt the leadership is. The only problem is that the Republicans are even worse.  And Kennedy, as sincere sounding as he may be, is probably a nutcase.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

You're deflecting, the topic is Trump and the Republicans.

Trump is likely to win easily as the other party is terrible. No link needed.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, susanlea said:

No such forum rule. :coffee1:

Mods: Please remind member it is a forum requirement to provide credible linked sources for claims.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

author is credible with a distinguished career,

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

, The Guardian

So he is a left wing person with left wing opinions. 

Next.

Just now, simple1 said:

Mods: Please remind member it is a forum requirement to provide credible linked sources for claims.

Wrong. Read the rules. No links are required for OPINIONS as per 99% of posts.

• Love It 1

19 hours ago, simple1 said:

“Trump is the apotheosis of this moral degeneration of conservatism because he’s out there stealing with both hands and it’s right in your face.”

So said Joe Conason, veteran reporter and author of a lacerating new book, The Longest Con: How Grifters, Swindlers, and Frauds Hijacked American Conservatism.

‘Stealing with both hands’: veteran reporter Joe Conason details the right wing’s graft (msn.com)

PS: If you wish to respond and try to refute, note forum rules require a credible link to back up your claims.

Your link is a book with opinions in it.

• Love It 1

Politicians around the world are in on the grift, it's not exclusive to the US.  Then you can throw in climate change grift, electric vehicle grift, war in Ukraine grift, covid grift and that would be the tip of the iceberg on the grifts going on all around us 24/7.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, simple1 said:

“Trump is the apotheosis of this moral degeneration of conservatism because he’s out there stealing with both hands and it’s right in your face.”

He must be the worst grifter EVER.  The only president in recent history that's worth less than he was going in.

https://blog.cheapism.com/what-presidents-are-worth/

Or it just may be possible he's doing it to Make America Great Again, in spite of the personal cost.

(Wonder how many scrunchy face emojis I'll win with that one?)

Edited by impulse
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, impulse said:

I am neither a fan of the Demicans, nor the Republicrats.  I refer to them as the Uniparty, but that's too simplistic.    They're like sports teams that beat the crap out of each other on the field, but they really just want people to buy tickets to their game.   And they hang out and drink with each other, scheming how to get more fans and advertiser money.

In any case, claiming either side is more corrupt, using a single book (from the thousands that have been published) as an "approved source" (or any kind of definitive) is ludicrous.  It's a link to a political hit piece.  Nothing more.

Book not worth reading. The whole game is a scam. Vote for us we get rich you get 2 bucks extra.

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

Guardian has a leaning to left wing politics with opinions in the context of the UK, but news reporting is factual, for which the Guardian has won a number of awards. Note the Guardian is not funded by some billionaire with an agenda e.g. Fox.

https://www.theguardian.com/gnm-press-office/awards

News reporting is factual? Since when?

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Note the Guardian is not funded by some billionaire with an agenda e.g. Fox.

A very successful man. Unlike the losers who write for The Guardian.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, simple1 said:

I'd bet you got picked on alot as a kid.