Marriage

Where did you get married? She should had witnesses and ampeur legalized verification of her status, depending on the marriage was registered in Thailand.

Mynwife have not registered or legalized our marriage in Thailand. 

Thai traditional monk or village wedding do not count

On 7/12/2024 at 2:11 AM, Max_Headroom said:

Why wouldn't it assuming the person is legally divorced? I think you affirm you are not married not necessarily had never been married.

When you do the affirmation in the Embassy you are meant to tell them if you have been married before and if you have then you must show the divorce certificate, this wasn't done they just said that they had never been married before

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, spinner343 said:

When you do the affirmation in the Embassy you are meant to tell them if you have been married before and if you have then you must show the divorce certificate, this wasn't done they just said that they had never been married before

Well, that appears to be untruthful. Reality: I doubt it amounts to much if the person is even divorced in Thailand. If married, presumably to a Thai if it comes up for whatever reason that imo could be serious. For instance, if he's still married to a Thai and effectively affirms he's not that could come to haunt him in many ways. Wives, kids too. *Not legal advice nor opinion

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2024 at 5:54 AM, spinner343 said:

The embassy affirmation in the NZ embassy was only to legally confirm that I said there was no current legal reason not to get married. They didn't do any checks of any sort.

If you lied that is not their problem.

On 7/29/2024 at 1:31 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

The embassy affirmation in the NZ embassy was only to legally confirm that I said there was no current legal reason not to get married. They didn't do any checks of any sort.

If you lied that is not their problem.

this was in the UK embassy which I think maybe a bit different 

• 2 months later...