The Simpsons Movie

Boater

Previews for The Simpsons movie have been playing in heavy rotation at cinemas in Bangkok for the past two weeks. As mentioned, the film opens here on Thursday, 9 August. Perhaps this was part of the global distribution plan, or the production of local prints (with subtitles, can't imagine a dubbed version) is the reason for a later release?

Edited by lomatopo

• 2 weeks later...

The topic was started on July 31st, disforkid...i.e. after the US release and before the release here.

Speaking of which, saw it last night and it was SWEET! Everything I had hoped for (as a 17+ year Simpsons fan) and then some...and watching it on the enormous theater screen was a once in a lifetime experience, well worth the price of admission.

The topic was started on July 31st, disforkid...i.e. after the US release and before the release here.

Speaking of which, saw it last night and it was SWEET! Everything I had hoped for (as a 17+ year Simpsons fan) and then some...and watching it on the enormous theater screen was a once in a lifetime experience, well worth the price of admission.

I am with Florin here - fantastic big screen treat watching the normal poor quality DVD from street hawkers just wouldn't do it justice.

Was fortunate enough to be in Oz last week and caught a the big screen in Sydney - brilliant!

Now all I need is a Family Guy movie . . . which would be freakin' sweet! :D:o